To chip or not to chip....that is the question....

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Tubs is chipped....we got him chipped when we had him neutered......at first I thought o chip him because of what he cost, then the fact that everyone goes nuts over him when we go ou and because we love him so darn much I could bear the though of losing him and not being able to find him......little did I know he is such a mama's boy that he won't go anywhere without me and cries, still, when I leave him....... :)

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Brooklyn is chipped and Frankie will be when we get him neutered.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Chip Chip Chip..I have all of mine chipped. Working in rescue you see so many strays or lost bullies..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Chip, chip away! all ours are chipped

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
IF he is stolen and recovered by the police can you positively (legally) identify him without a chip? I'd chip.... HRH is chipped~!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Chip! The needle that they use to put the chip in looks scarier than it is. Plus...if the unthinkable was to happen (lost, stolen, etc....) your baby could get out of a collar with tags but the chip is there forever.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I just chipped my 9 week old newest member of the family, Tank. He only whimpered a bit, nothing a treat didn't make all better. :). I don't worry about him getting lost, but I do worry about someone stealing him. I haven't even posted Picts of him on facebook out of fear that someone will come in while I'm at work and take him. Bullies, especiallh puppies, are highly coveted pets and we would all be so sad if he were taken from us but at least the chip offers hope of getting him back.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I guess chip it is. Going to have it done next weekend when she goes for her last set of shots. I took scaredy cat to pick up the kids from school today and Raven didn't see anyone that was not a friend. She has such a serious face that a few folks were scared at first. Once they realized she was a lover then everyone wanted to play with her. I know I would steal her :-)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm late! But chip for sure! Recently got my 15 year old diabetic cat back in an hour when he broke free..(someone screwed up..:cursing:) he was picked up by animal control because a neighbor thought someone dumped a sick cat..(:eek:) Our police Dept is Our Animal control..I got a call that George was in lockup and needed a ride home! I was sooo relieved to see that scrawny old Dude! If he wouldn't have been chipped..I shudder to think what would've happened. :cry: later that evening..when I went online, I had also received an email from HomeAgain (the chip company) telling me George was safe and waiting for me at Monrovia Police Dept! :up: get a chip...yesterday

Most Reactions