Your bed? or his own bed?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Right in bed with me..... when they were pups they were crated until potty trained. Now, can't tell you how much I miss Nitshcke snuggled up against me and snoring

OP
C

Cooper11

Right in bed with me..... when they were pups they were crated until potty trained. Now, can't tell you how much I miss Nitshcke snuggled up against me and snoring
I made the mistake of having Cooper sleep with me one of the first nights we brought him home..BIG MISTAKE :nonono: Woke up the next day and found Cooper had pooped all over the bed!:barf: Very loose stools too!!!!! But now he is such a cuddler I love snuggling with him. I think he thinks he is really my baby! :D

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
ahhahahaha sorry, first night with growing pains. Dolly sleeps with me, Jack sleeps with hubby, (separate beds) and the young ins sleep in a play pen, crate/bed area.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Arnold used to sleep with us when he was a baby (and he did pee on our bed a couple times!!). Now he prefers to sleep on the floor or his bed in our room!! He is not a snuggler at bed time. In fact, bed time is serious business to Arnold and will ignore any attempt by us to get his attention. I think it was LariP that mentioned "the look." If Arnold does open his eyes at bedtime it is only with "the look!""

OP
C

Cooper11

Arnold used to sleep with us when he was a baby (and he did pee on our bed a couple times!!). Now he prefers to sleep on the floor or his bed in our room!! He is not a snuggler at bed time. In fact, bed time is serious business to Arnold and will ignore any attempt by us to get his attention. I think it was LariP that mentioned "the look." If Arnold does open his eyes at bedtime it is only with "the look!""
O yes the look!!! :bully:

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
my bully has his own bed. He sleeps there or on the floor. Our previous bully slept with us but it was like sleeping with a bear and she hogged the bed. We eventually had to break her of sleeping with us. Mr B. Knows his place

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness will only sleep in his crate. I have not been home and my fiancé has tried to put him in the bed and runs around, eventually jumps of and goes in his crate. Two cats sleep in the be and I already have no room thank god the 60lb fatty doesn't also sleep there too

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
We have tried letting Raven sleep in the bed, but her laziness never met a blanket she didn't like to pee on. So much easier at night to pee on a blanket and move to a dry spot, than let mom know she has to go. God forbid..lol. So she has been banished to her crate. We are still potty training so I get up twice a night to take her out. I can't wait to have her behave herself. My son is dying to have her sleep with him all night. I am so looking forward to her holding all night so I can actually get a full nights sleep.

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
If we are really tired we crate the ladies. It is so funny because when i crate Amy, Liz tries to make herself small and runs from me even though she usually stays up later than little Amy. Other nights she goes i n her crate without even asking. Often they sleep in the bed with us. Amy plops herself between my legs (get your mind out of the gutter, she faces the other way) and Liz snuggles along side my legs.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
[MENTION=3373]luseaann[/MENTION] -- lol. We know that sleep position all too well. Personally I rather them sleep facing up vs down. Better to be in that position when those silent but deadly ones escape into the night.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah sleeps with us. i tried having her sleep on the floor on her pillow next to the bed but she will pace on the hardwood floor all night to keep me up. or i will feel paws on the bed next to me and see her head pop over the top of the bed. i just gave in and put her in bed so that is where she sleeps every night. sometimes the boys to. talk about crowded. lol

OP
C

Cooper11

We have tried letting Raven sleep in the bed, but her laziness never met a blanket she didn't like to pee on. So much easier at night to pee on a blanket and move to a dry spot, than let mom know she has to go. God forbid..lol. So she has been banished to her crate. We are still potty training so I get up twice a night to take her out. I can't wait to have her behave herself. My son is dying to have her sleep with him all night. I am so looking forward to her holding all night so I can actually get a full nights sleep.
I hear ya!! Cooper has had his times of peeing on pillows and blankets and so has his sister (my mom has her)..Maybe it is just a bully thing! :nonono: Coop is pretty much potty trained now and I still worry what he will do when he comes across a blanket or pillow!:tease: I actually have a funny story. My daughter who is almost 7 was having a fit about going down to our basement and getting this fold out couch thing out of her toy room so she could sit on it upstairs and watch a movie. She cried and wined for a good 20 minutes before she figured out we weren't giving in and she had to go down and get it herself (still crying and being a baby :D) So she brings it up lays it down in in the living room and goes to get a blanket from her room and Cooper :angel: went right over to it and got on it and I was looking at him and he peed!!! All my husband and I could do is laugh because we knew my daughter was on her way back into the living room and she was like "what" and I had to tell her he peed on her couch!:ROFL: Funniest thing ever! So she cried again and and had a fit. Same night no lie, he went and peed on my 2 years old son's couch too! Dunno what it is if he thinks he is leaving his mark or what.
Gracie his sister would wine to get on the couch and right when my mom would put her up she would go over and pee in a blanket! Funny puppies! So hard not to laugh (as I am sitting here watching Cooper chew on a knob on my TV stand!!!! My husband yells at him and he runs and pouts in his crate! SO hard to get mad and yell at my chunky butt with those eyes!

OP
C

Cooper11

If we are really tired we crate the ladies. It is so funny because when i crate Amy, Liz tries to make herself small and runs from me even though she usually stays up later than little Amy. Other nights she goes i n her crate without even asking. Often they sleep in the bed with us. Amy plops herself between my legs (get your mind out of the gutter, she faces the other way) and Liz snuggles along side my legs.
:lmao: Thanks for the laugh!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online