Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 32 of 32

Thread: Your bed? or his own bed?

  1. #25
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    We have tried letting Raven sleep in the bed, but her laziness never met a blanket she didn't like to pee on. So much easier at night to pee on a blanket and move to a dry spot, than let mom know she has to go. God forbid..lol. So she has been banished to her crate. We are still potty training so I get up twice a night to take her out. I can't wait to have her behave herself. My son is dying to have her sleep with him all night. I am so looking forward to her holding all night so I can actually get a full nights sleep.

  2. #26
    Dog Groomer luseaann's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lucie
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    507
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Liz and Amy
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    If we are really tired we crate the ladies. It is so funny because when i crate Amy, Liz tries to make herself small and runs from me even though she usually stays up later than little Amy. Other nights she goes i n her crate without even asking. Often they sleep in the bed with us. Amy plops herself between my legs (get your mind out of the gutter, she faces the other way) and Liz snuggles along side my legs.
    Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

  3. #27
    Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,384
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)
    200

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    @luseaann -- lol. We know that sleep position all too well. Personally I rather them sleep facing up vs down. Better to be in that position when those silent but deadly ones escape into the night.

  4. #28
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    sarah sleeps with us. i tried having her sleep on the floor on her pillow next to the bed but she will pace on the hardwood floor all night to keep me up. or i will feel paws on the bed next to me and see her head pop over the top of the bed. i just gave in and put her in bed so that is where she sleeps every night. sometimes the boys to. talk about crowded. lol

  5. #29
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    We have tried letting Raven sleep in the bed, but her laziness never met a blanket she didn't like to pee on. So much easier at night to pee on a blanket and move to a dry spot, than let mom know she has to go. God forbid..lol. So she has been banished to her crate. We are still potty training so I get up twice a night to take her out. I can't wait to have her behave herself. My son is dying to have her sleep with him all night. I am so looking forward to her holding all night so I can actually get a full nights sleep.
    I hear ya!! Cooper has had his times of peeing on pillows and blankets and so has his sister (my mom has her)..Maybe it is just a bully thing! Coop is pretty much potty trained now and I still worry what he will do when he comes across a blanket or pillow! I actually have a funny story. My daughter who is almost 7 was having a fit about going down to our basement and getting this fold out couch thing out of her toy room so she could sit on it upstairs and watch a movie. She cried and wined for a good 20 minutes before she figured out we weren't giving in and she had to go down and get it herself (still crying and being a baby ) So she brings it up lays it down in in the living room and goes to get a blanket from her room and Cooper went right over to it and got on it and I was looking at him and he peed!!! All my husband and I could do is laugh because we knew my daughter was on her way back into the living room and she was like "what" and I had to tell her he peed on her couch! Funniest thing ever! So she cried again and and had a fit. Same night no lie, he went and peed on my 2 years old son's couch too! Dunno what it is if he thinks he is leaving his mark or what.
    Gracie his sister would wine to get on the couch and right when my mom would put her up she would go over and pee in a blanket! Funny puppies! So hard not to laugh (as I am sitting here watching Cooper chew on a knob on my TV stand!!!! My husband yells at him and he runs and pouts in his crate! SO hard to get mad and yell at my chunky butt with those eyes!

  6. #30
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    Quote Originally Posted by luseaann View Post
    If we are really tired we crate the ladies. It is so funny because when i crate Amy, Liz tries to make herself small and runs from me even though she usually stays up later than little Amy. Other nights she goes i n her crate without even asking. Often they sleep in the bed with us. Amy plops herself between my legs (get your mind out of the gutter, she faces the other way) and Liz snuggles along side my legs.
    Thanks for the laugh!!!

  7. #31
    Cooper11
    Guest

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    @luseaann -- lol. We know that sleep position all too well. Personally I rather them sleep facing up vs down. Better to be in that position when those silent but deadly ones escape into the night.
    Yes Cooper back end is a deadly weapon when loaded!!

  8. #32
    Newbie
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    24
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Your bed? or his own bed?

    Maggie started sleeping on my bed with me when she was about six months old and everything was fine... for a while. At about 10 months, she started peeing on the bed. After doing this several times, she was banished from the bed and I started putting her in her crate at night.

    Just recently I moved a doggy bed into my bedroom and put it on the floor next to my bed. I've been trying to get her to sleep on that at night, but she's just not interested in it. If I don't shut her in her crate, she"ll sit next to my bed and cry (she's not allowed up without permission). Every couple minutes she changes sides, so I hear crying in stereo, plus the jingling of tags as she moves from one side of the bed to the other. Suffice it to say, that doesn't last long before I get up and put her in her crate.

    Once she goes in her crate though, she hunkers right down and goes to sleep.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •