growth question

C

Cooper11

At what age to they meet their max height....and what age do they start slowing down on growing. Seems like our babies keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger..:yes: Curious what your bully weighed at 6 months..ours are around 40 lbs. Gracie was 6 lbs when we got her and Cooper was 4 lbs
Also some of you have said watch for allergies, they come on when they are a little older ...what signs should I be looking for to know if they are allergic to something.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I pretty sure that bullies reach their full growth around 18 months

My boy is a peanut, full grown only 45 lbs of spring- loaded muscle.... And it took him 2 years to plateau there

The allergies can show up as teary eyes, chronic ear infection, rashes/ redness on skin, excessive itchiness anywhere, licking/biting at paws, hives, gastro problems.....

Allergies are a pain....i hope you never have to deal with them....but if you do the folks here have seen it all and are a great resource

Welcome

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Each bully is different, but around 18-24 months is about average for growth to stop. If I remember correctly, Nitschke was about 45 lbs at six months and leveled out between 56-58 lbs for his whole life. Banks, well, 'pudgy' at 1 year was 70lbs (yes, our vet was NOT happy with us)... after a green bean diet she now holds between 58-62.

allergies -- every bully tends to have at least one. My guys are loaded with them.. environmental , you name it they are allergic to it. Banks is highly allergic to Chicken so we feed grain free Fromm Beef Fritatta.

Signs of any allergy is usually runny eyes, ear infections, red chin, flaky skin, scratching, very soft/runny :poo: and others.

if you get to where you think they are showing signs -- save yourself a lot of frustration and your baby a lot of discomfort by getting a full blood screen allergy test. Will run about $300 but in the long run you will save a LOT once you have the results.

VuBulldogs

Jun 1, 2011
Los Angeles
Bulldog(s) Names
Po
Po @ 6 months 38lbs po 6 months @ 38 lbs 093r.jpg
11 months 53lbs 11 months @ 53lbs 148r.jpg

Attachments

• po 6 months @ 38 lbs 016.jpg
    po 6 months @ 38 lbs 016.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 81

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
017.jpgHere's our Usko at 6 months and around 40lbs. He has probably reached his max height now at 15 months(56lbs) but is going to get heavier, if he takes after his dad, until he's about 3years old. We expect him to be around 65. He's on raw food and is a picky eater. You can only really get rid of tear stains with the right kind of food. Other wise your're just taking care of the sympton not the cause.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
both my dogs have tear stains, but switching to filtered Drinking water from tap has helped some. Also, I have read that when they stop teething the tearing stops as well. we will see I guess. I also give them Apple cider vinegar. They are on fromm surf and turf and will try the beef frittata next. I had them on raw up to one month ago but they had tear stains too.. When was Cooper born. My Katara is 6 months too and Aldo about to turn 6 months.. we got teenager pups girlfriend! lol!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
oh and Aldo is 38 lbs at just shy of 6 months and Katara 33.5 lbs but she is on a limited intake due to an aspiration episode she went through :(

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] Cooper and Gracie were born August 13

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online