Yikes, Trupanion is raising my rate!!!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Trupanion was going to charge me $70/mo with a $500 deductible for Thor (that's with no add-ons). Does anyone have any good/bad experiences with VPI? They're a lot cheaper ($26/mo with $100 deductible)

We use VPI and it has been pretty good so far. Cleo had developed a small (ok, HUGE) fatty warty tissuey thingy growing on her belly and we got most of our money reimbursed for the surgery. I would definitely recommend trying it out.

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
[MENTION=4152]kaikousha[/MENTION] I have VPI and have had nothing but good experiences with it. I know some people on here have not been the biggest fans of it, but I can only say what my experiences have been. We have submitted 7 claims in a year for medication, testing, etc and they have been fast, couterous and have reimbursed a good chunk of change. We pay roughly $35 a month I think. It gets taken directly out of my account so I forget.

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Like I said above I have VPI but I know it doesn't cover everything. I didn't know if some of the insurance suavy people on here could tell me the big things VPI does not cover compared with Gopetplan (as I saw them mentioned above). Would def think of switching especially is Guinness gets more coverage with not a huge fee hike.

kaikousha

Jan 25, 2012
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor & Odin
[MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] that's good to know, thanks for chiming in with your VPI experience! I liked Trupanion, they were very prompt, but it's just too expensive. If Gopetplan ends up being a better deal for you + covers more keep me updated?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.