What is a good harness?!

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
It is so difficult finding a harness that fits my baby! They don't fit his shoulders properly and hang off one side like he is dressed in the 80's! Any recommendations for a 15 month old 62 lb male???? I know there's websites that sell bulldog harnesses....... But I don't want to order it, try it, and have to send it back. Let me know!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I like Goobys Big Dog Harness...has a handle built in too for "just in case"!! But for everyday use we also have a very comfy one from Petco..just follow their measurement guide...fits well..made from hemp and very soft

Thats the petco one on him in my avatar

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Many of Gracie's harnesses come from Petsmart...... getting them adjusted properly is the key.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I am completely satisfied with the Buddy Belt. It is a little pricy but fits great and is well made. Lucy has a size 9 prob could get away with an 8 but the extra room allows me to put the harness over a sweater or jacket. I also got rid of the car harness. The d ring on the BB is large and sturdy.

Check out the website. Perfect for big chested breeds. Money well spent.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
The Kong harness with traffic loop is awesome! It has a handle on the back and its comfortable and adjustable! Gio is 50lbs and uses a Medium. They sell them at petsmart and have a few different colors to choose from.

harness.jpg

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11698352

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I'm gonna google away and check them out. Gio is sooooooooo cute I like that harness- there's such a small selection here at the petsmarts and petcos :( looks like that one goes around his belly?

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
We have the EzyDog chest plate harness. Your guy would be an XL like my Frankie. Not sure what stores carry it, I ordered it online. They have a bunch of colors and it comes with a car seat attachment.

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I like the looks of the ezydog harness I'm gonna give it a try. Thank you!!!

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
[MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION].... XL wouldn't be too big?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is 62lbs and we have a hard time finding a good one for her too.... but, one that did work is the Premier Easy-walker size large

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
We have a Kurgo car harness setup. Its a real nice setup as it includes a tether and restraint options for in the car. It then can be switched into a walking/lead setup when you want to take him out. Very nice setup for around 50$ seems to be very comfortable for him, he sometimes wears it around the house after walks just to be sporty

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Sorry I just saw this. It never sent me your mention for some reason. [MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION] Frankie weighs 56 lbs and XL fits him fine. My Brooklyn weighs 38 lbs and has the L. They are VERY adjustable which is why I picked it since I expect Brooke to grow some more. We got the pink camo one for Brooklyn (my Brooke is a girl) and the green camo one for Frankie. He looks like Rambo in it with his big muscles. haha SO cute. Plus I found them for a little over $20 each which is cheap for such a good quality harness.

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Thanks [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION]!!!! I ordered the xl in black... I wanted the camo for my Brooklyn but Tom didn't approve lol. I can't put anything other than black on him!!! We want to get a girl bully soon- I will have total control over her!!!!!! :)

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=1546]TomnZon[/MENTION] my boyfriend disapproved of the camo one too, he said our dogs looked like rednecks. But Brooke already had the pink one, since they don't have a plain pink, and I wanted them to match. So I said too bad! :tongue:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion wears any harness that has the "step in". My favorite is from Petco...it fits Orion perfectly. But, Orion is petite. Totally adjustable. It also has a L and R on the top inside to help fit it correctly each time you put it on. Until I got this one. I'd usually get it on her backwards..then having to take it off, chase her down to try and put it on again.

We try NOT to put her in a collar. I tend to grab her by her harness when I need to pull her off Vegas, which is sometimes a daily occurrence. Such a PITA.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.