spike's wrinkles

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
ok so just about a few days ago i noticed spike's right tear stain wrinkle was getting very red and nasty..i clean & dry his wrinkles more than twice a day and i don't know what it could be. i have heard that english bulldogs are prone to yeast infections there...any suggestions..i will try to post a pix but its hard to get him still. the left one is not as red as the right one. the right one has like black junk stuck to his stain and i clean it but it just looks really red :(

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Daily cleaning and Desitin are the most common recommendations I've read about to start. A cream from the vet if those two things don't show improvement after a couple weeks.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yes maybe the desitan will help with the redness and hurt. I know more people will be of more help here. The mal-a-ket wipes should be anti fungal I believe and help get rid of it if it is a fungus BUT if it is so red and irritated that may sting a bit. Poor thing. :(

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
This may sound weird... but try putting the ointment for yeast infections for women. I use it all the time on bullie wrinkles. Also, try not to clean it twice a day. Once should be enough. When you rub them too much in there, it could cause minute scrapes that you can't see. Then yeast or bacteria could build up in there. Hope this helps!;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
This may sound weird... but try putting the ointment for yeast infections for women. I use it all the time on bullie wrinkles. Also, try not to clean it twice a day. Once should be enough. When you rub them too much in there, it could cause minute scrapes that you can't see. Then yeast or bacteria could build up in there. Hope this helps!;)

Really?? You can use women's yeast infection creams on bullie wrinkles?? Maggie hasn't any problems with her wrinkles at the moment .. but I'm going to make a point of remembering that very useful tip!!!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
yep... you sure can. Last time I bought some, I got 4 or 5 tubes and the lady at the register just kinda looked at me strange. :eek:

litlsuga007

Aug 7, 2010
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
LuLu
Another thing that works really well too is Emu Oil. I have my own balm made up. It is non irritating and solves so many problems...being that it is an oil base too, it repells water (tears) and reduces redness

OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
thank u everyone for the advice...i used some aveeno baby diaper rash cream and it worked overnight...this morning when we woke up its wasn't as red. :) i was soooo excited...cleaned them again this morning and put another dab on it so maybe by tomorrow morning it will be all cleared up

Most Reactions