Want to bring a 2nd bulldog into the mix.... Need advice ASAP!!!!!!!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Great advice already ;) I say get the pup, you wont regret it. Doing it now while your other pup is still young is your best bet. I remember Mugsy would bite Cuttys balls and pull. Hubby and I cringed especially thinking of those sharp puppy teeth, Cutty never flinched. THAT is a good pup! Hahahaha

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board using Tapatalk

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I must agree with [MENTION=1930]RescueMe[/MENTION]....it's always the girls that have caused me trouble! LOL We have had a way easier time introducing male fosters rather than the females. We recently brought home a 7 year old English Bully and introduced her to our 2 year old male. She had a harder time with it than he did. He was happy-go-lucky but she had a few moments of wanting to fight. Just my opinion.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Way back when, I introduced the scent of Dolly to Jack through my visitations, then eventually I took him along and brought her to the car for him to get her scent, now that he knew where this was coming from, eventually the day came for me to bring her home and it was smooth as silk. Now I have five of these critters. 3 are Dolly's baby's and the females are no problem, they heap on each other to sleep.
We wouldn't change a thing. I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you.

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
So it seems like introducing a male puppy to our current male would be the easier route according to everyone's posts :) thanks for all the input! Also, any advice on potty training when no one is home all day? Put him in a gated area with wee wee pads until the summer when I'm home all day everyday? Separate from our dog we have- he is in a play pen and sleeps all day!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
We adopted a 20 month old male English bulldog 2 months ago and last week we adopted a 4 year old female French bulldog (I personally wanted another English but we stumbled across our frenchie). At first Diva our frenchie was snippy towards Gio but now they are great friends, only 2 or 3 days she was snippy towards him. Toys are still a little issue with her but we are working on it. But I think for you getting a pup I am sure either male or female they will get along fine! Personally male English bulldogs are my favorite!!

OP
TomnZon

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Thank you!!!! We thought about a frenchie actually too but English are just so cute. Always wanted another male until we heard maybe it's not a good idea.... But after talking to everyone on her we feel better! They'll only be a year and 2 months apart so hopefully we get the male and they get along. Fingers crossed!!

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
We have a 18month old male rocky, who was my first bully and as of the new year I just got a 6 month old EB, who is also a male jackson....I would agree with others, I think a male is the way to go...! I have only one female dog a non bully and she is a witch lol hahhaa but love her! I don't think I would ever have another female dog ever! She's my one and only...I like male dogs personalities and temperament better! My boys get along very well, rocky is a bit of a DIVA...he's cranky in the mornings and doesn't always want to play with the baby but he let's him know and he either backs off or eventually gets him to play with him....he's relentless! Lol but I would say get what you are comfortable with, every dog is different every situation is different! I love male dogs tho....and I actually never wanted one before my boy rocky....!!!! 😊🐶👍

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
We have a 18month old male rocky, who was my first bully and as of the new year I just got a 6 month old EB, who is also a male jackson....I would agree with others, I think a male is the way to go...! I have only one female dog a non bully and she is a witch lol hahhaa but love her! I don't think I would ever have another female dog ever! She's my one and only...I like male dogs personalities and temperament better! My boys get along very well, rocky is a bit of a DIVA...he's cranky in the mornings and doesn't always want to play with the baby but he let's him know and he either backs off or eventually gets him to play with him....he's relentless! Lol but I would say get what you are comfortable with, every dog is different every situation is different! I love male dogs tho....and I actually never wanted one before my boy rocky....!!!! 😊🐶👍

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Doesn't matter on the sex of the dog ... it can be male to male or male to female ... or female to female.. It's how you react and that is ALL that matters.

In my experience, it's been the females who have tried to test the boundaries the most EVERY time ... but that's cos we're all divas deep down!! :yes:

I dont' care what age and what sex they are ... as long as you don't have a deeply disturbed dog .. somehow you will find karma in your pack as long as you maintain that you are the pack leader.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.