Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to bring a 2nd bulldog into the mix.... Need advice ASAP!!!!!!!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Want to bring a 2nd bulldog into the mix.... Need advice ASAP!!!!!!!!!

I think the younger that both dogs are makes it alot easier to introduce new ones also. My two are just a year old and ive taken them everywhere and had them meet other dogs, so they seem unconcerned with other ones now. They get excited and want to play but no issues at all.

Like I said I have two 1 yr old ebs one female one male, 2 2 yr old ebs one male and female. Now the two male frenchies. Only issues we have had with older ones is they like to butt in and get loving when we are loving on the little ones. We make sure to give attention to all. Now I need more hands lol

I think the suggestion of taking yours to meet the one you pick out is excellent.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member wautersa's Avatar
    Real Name
    Alyssa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chelsea & Chuy
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Want to bring a 2nd bulldog into the mix.... Need advice ASAP!!!!!!!!!

My pups are great with all smushy-faced breeds. I think females are a little bit easier to train.
    Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors... I probably have both bulldogs laying on me or fighting for attention...

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

When Tate was 6months old I brought him a new brother, Finn who was 4mos old. Tate loved Finn immediately; he just wanted to play with his new bro. Finn however was very shy, almost scared of Tate and would hide under a table or in the corner. He warmed up though with time and now, Finn is the dominant one over Tate. That has brought some issues with Finn starting fights with Tate, Finn growling at Tate...but I've been working hard with the two of them and disciplining Finn when needed. I think it's starting to pay off as Finn has been a bit more easy going. The two of them play a lot w/one another and I usually find them sitting side by side or sometimes on top of the other! There's definitely a lot of love there!

I guess I'm sharing these ramblings b/c I just wanted to share my own experience and tell you that it's definitely possible to have two male bulldogs in the same household living in harmony!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Great advice already I say get the pup, you wont regret it. Doing it now while your other pup is still young is your best bet. I remember Mugsy would bite Cuttys balls and pull. Hubby and I cringed especially thinking of those sharp puppy teeth, Cutty never flinched. THAT is a good pup! Hahahaha

Sent from my Android for Telechips TCC8900 Evaluation Board using Tapatalk

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

I must agree with @RescueMe....it's always the girls that have caused me trouble! LOL We have had a way easier time introducing male fosters rather than the females. We recently brought home a 7 year old English Bully and introduced her to our 2 year old male. She had a harder time with it than he did. He was happy-go-lucky but she had a few moments of wanting to fight. Just my opinion.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Way back when, I introduced the scent of Dolly to Jack through my visitations, then eventually I took him along and brought her to the car for him to get her scent, now that he knew where this was coming from, eventually the day came for me to bring her home and it was smooth as silk. Now I have five of these critters. 3 are Dolly's baby's and the females are no problem, they heap on each other to sleep.
    We wouldn't change a thing. I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn
    Likes (Received)

So it seems like introducing a male puppy to our current male would be the easier route according to everyone's posts thanks for all the input! Also, any advice on potty training when no one is home all day? Put him in a gated area with wee wee pads until the summer when I'm home all day everyday? Separate from our dog we have- he is in a play pen and sleeps all day!

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We adopted a 20 month old male English bulldog 2 months ago and last week we adopted a 4 year old female French bulldog (I personally wanted another English but we stumbled across our frenchie). At first Diva our frenchie was snippy towards Gio but now they are great friends, only 2 or 3 days she was snippy towards him. Toys are still a little issue with her but we are working on it. But I think for you getting a pup I am sure either male or female they will get along fine! Personally male English bulldogs are my favorite!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn
    Likes (Received)

Thank you!!!! We thought about a frenchie actually too but English are just so cute. Always wanted another male until we heard maybe it's not a good idea.... But after talking to everyone on her we feel better! They'll only be a year and 2 months apart so hopefully we get the male and they get along. Fingers crossed!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

We have a 18month old male rocky, who was my first bully and as of the new year I just got a 6 month old EB, who is also a male jackson....I would agree with others, I think a male is the way to go...! I have only one female dog a non bully and she is a witch lol hahhaa but love her! I don't think I would ever have another female dog ever! She's my one and only...I like male dogs personalities and temperament better! My boys get along very well, rocky is a bit of a DIVA...he's cranky in the mornings and doesn't always want to play with the baby but he let's him know and he either backs off or eventually gets him to play with him....he's relentless! Lol but I would say get what you are comfortable with, every dog is different every situation is different! I love male dogs tho....and I actually never wanted one before my boy rocky....!!!! 😊🐶👍

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

We have a 18month old male rocky, who was my first bully and as of the new year I just got a 6 month old EB, who is also a male jackson....I would agree with others, I think a male is the way to go...! I have only one female dog a non bully and she is a witch lol hahhaa but love her! I don't think I would ever have another female dog ever! She's my one and only...I like male dogs personalities and temperament better! My boys get along very well, rocky is a bit of a DIVA...he's cranky in the mornings and doesn't always want to play with the baby but he let's him know and he either backs off or eventually gets him to play with him....he's relentless! Lol but I would say get what you are comfortable with, every dog is different every situation is different! I love male dogs tho....and I actually never wanted one before my boy rocky....!!!! 😊🐶👍

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Doesn't matter on the sex of the dog ... it can be male to male or male to female ... or female to female.. It's how you react and that is ALL that matters.

In my experience, it's been the females who have tried to test the boundaries the most EVERY time ... but that's cos we're all divas deep down!!

I dont' care what age and what sex they are ... as long as you don't have a deeply disturbed dog .. somehow you will find karma in your pack as long as you maintain that you are the pack leader.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads