Drink fountains

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hey friends, I was checking ebay for drink fountains and was wondering what brands are good. And what kind will my bullies fat head fit in. Do you have a fountain, what kind, what do you think of it? Any advise would be helpful.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
No experience with them as I prefer stainless steel bowls

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Bully's should really have stainless steel bowls, helps cut back on the acne and the water should be changed several times a day, the slime that comes out of the bully mouth and jowls is incredible. It's my opinion that you should save your $ and frustration of the battle with the slime in a water fountain and just get your bully a nice stainless steel set of bowls. Recommendation only, and experience has taught me.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Stainless Steel here too, (allergy reasons) when your bully is done drinking what is left in the bowl is pure slime, I change water out several times a day and wash his bowl everyday. I have never heard of the fountains.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think it's a novel idea, just not practical for the bulldog, maybe a toy breed would be better for the fountain.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I agree with the fountain, I think it would be more frustrating than anything. Too much slime.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
I have to say that Penny LOVES.... I mean LOVES the drinking fountain where we go to obedience class... To the point that we practiced walking leave it's past it. That being said... I didn't have to clean it out

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We had a water fountain for my ex's cats...it was a pain. I ended up throwing the thing away!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
bubba and fountain 008.jpg
Ok.. I have a positive, well almost, comment about the drinking fountain. Sounds like the rest of you don't like it, and I do understand that. I have a fountain..didn't initially buy it for the dogs..but the LOVE it! I have it out on the pool lanai. it's not huge..approx 2 ft high. It has the top bowl that overflows to the bottom . All the dogs prefer it over the regular dog bowl. Bubba, esp, loves the trickling of water from the top. Downside...I have to put the hose in it to fill it up with fresh water and drown out the 'slime'. Also..if not cleaned out with chlorine approx every month..it gets algae. But..for me..it's worth it. Dogs absolutely love it! Got it in a hardware store on sale.

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
OK guys! I was considering because Uni loves drinking from the hose or any other moving water. When I pour water into to-go bowl when we are on walks she can't wait and tries to drink the stream from the bottle and she will drink out of a bottle when I don't have a bowl, but makes a mess and spills a lot. Right now I use ceramic bowls and clean them everyday. Don't seam to find much slime. I was looking at the stainless steel fountains as well, I just wondering how much of a mess she would make with one of these. How far she would splash the water, from a moving stream. LOL!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
My Jack does the same. Whenever I wash my car or I'm watering plants and my lawn with my garden hose, Jack walks up to the running water and starts to slurp .... Its funny...

How about a Stainless Steel Fountain.?! The best of both worlds....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.