petsmart is gettin it tomorow forril

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
WTF are u forril!?! Well it have been a rough week for me,my girlfriend,and Ayema.So i decided to spoil them today.Decided to take my gf out to eat and leave Ayema at petsmart daycare so she can play.And we all js finally got home and ive noticed Ayema been acting kinda different.Like shes not active and tired,so we thought that was normal.But when i was juss play training her for treats ive noticed behind her ear its red so i looked and theres 2 puncture wound.That look like a dog bite it.Also part of her forehead is red.And now shes just sitting in her crate and not wanna get out,and she looks kinda sad...i applied neosporin,hopefully it help. i feel like a bad pops.i never have kid before but its kinda like my daughter just got hurt....When i picked her up they didnt say she was hurt or anything and they didnt even clean up the wound. daycare gonna get it tomorow me and my girlfriend is gonna complain....Have this happen to anyone before or how should i resolve this?Cuz i feel like smacking someone

Last edited by a moderator:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Poor Ayema. I've never taken my dogs to a doggie daycare before so I can't offer any experiences. I would definitly call Petsmart and speak to a manager about what you find behind her ear. I hope your girl gets to feeling back to herself soon!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Poor thing I would be ripping petsmart a new one!!! We had problems w them when the did lexs toes he came Out limping. The next day we called and the manager said when we take lex in to vet that they will pay for everything. Which was a nice thing to hear but still I won't let them touch my babies anymore!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Make sure you flush that wound out with peroxide...mix with a 1/4 water..3/4. Peroxide..clean very very well! That can abcess very easily and become a huge problem. Neosporin is great after you flush the wound. Poor baby..if it looks red at all tomorrow, I'd go to the vet! And petsmart can pay!!

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
We had a horrible experience at Petsmart daycare. Our Bubbles had a reaction to the cleaner they use and it caused problems breathing. Thank God for Benadryl. I think they should have to pay for a vet visit and I would be calling the manager for sure.

OP
M

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
I've read all of your post and I am Ayema's Mother. Tommorow i will be going straight to the store instead of talking to them on the phone. This is not the first problem we had at petsmart. Banfield had overdosed our dog on medication and told us she was unhealthy and would die within a year or two! But we took her to another banfield in a different location and she was perfectly healthy! Well anyways the problem is they cleaned her face, but didnt clean the wound so im guessing they didnt see it but the dry blood was all around it was clearly noticable! I am so dissapointed. Thank you for all your advice and help

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've read all of your post and I am Ayema's Mother. Tommorow i will be going straight to the store instead of talking to them on the phone. This is not the first problem we had at petsmart. Banfield had overdosed our dog on medication and told us she was unhealthy and would die within a year or two! But we took her to another banfield in a different location and she was perfectly healthy! Well anyways the problem is they cleaned her face, but didnt clean the wound so im guessing they didnt see it but the dry blood was all around it was clearly noticable! I am so dissapointed. Thank you for all your advice and help

Any update? How is she doing?

I used to work at a dog daycare and we ALWAYS told the parents when something happen = we would actually call them after the incident so they were not surprised at the pick up. That is so irresponsible of the employees to not tell you some thing happen during the stay.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
How is AyeMa doing? How did it go at Petsmart? That is such a horrible experience...ugh, bad doggie daycare. Poor AyeMa...I hope she is feeling better.

OP
M

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
Sorry took so long to reply and for swearin,i was just pretty heated up....but she is fine now..daycare apoligize and they.said.it mustve happened so fast no ons saw and thats it -.- dont matter im gonna go to better vet and daycare now....or mayb not cuz alot of my friend told me they will b more then happy

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
I am so sorry. These things do happen, happened to Tipsy 3x, all times started by other dogs (my girl didn't back out either so she ain't blameless). But they told me on two of the three. Once I brought her home and saw a fresh and slightly bleeding scratch on her side. I immediately called and told them. They apologized, but I did scold them the next time I took her and reminded them I have other options! I would suggest you talk to the manager, they are supposed to call you or tell you when you pick up. Sorry you had to go through that, hope Ayema is okay:)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I've got nothing but fantastic things to say about the Woodinville, WA PetsHotel / Day Care/Camp. They're wonderful. I'm sure this is a frequent occurrence - dogs are, afterall, DOGS - and they'll handle it professionally. Having the wound looked at and treated there at the Banfield Vet Hospital that's usually part of the place may be the way they go? In any case, I'm sure they wouldn't purposefully or knowledgeably allow one dog to hurt another dog. If they did, they'd be out of business.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.