Sleepy Time

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Tess is crated during the day while everyone is at work and school but at night we can't decide to crate her or let sleep with us. Our yorkie Leroy used to sleep with us until he was potty train all night now he sleeps with our boys. I just hate crated Tess at night but I want to do whats best. Any ideas? She has sleep at night with us before and wakes us up to let her out so not to worry about that. Just worried if its a good idea!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I think it is up to you where Tess sleeps. I used to let my Bulldogs sleep on their own bed in my room but the snoring would keep me awake or wake me up and I need a good nights sleep! My boys sleep in "their" room which they share with the washer/dryer! They each have a crate but usually choose to snuggle each other. We have a pet door so they let themselves out to go potty!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have to say that I'm not a big fan of crating. So how many hours she would be in the crate versus out of it?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks and Nitschke slept with us from the day they were house trained.... Cheli our frenchie has slept with us since they day he came home.

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
We crate at night & during the day. We have tried both & Penny does so much better in her crate. When she gets tired she gets incredibly restless (jumping on & off out bed, etc). We have found it best to crate at night. Really it's whatever you are comfortable with. Either way, she will be asleep, so you don't need to feel bad about her sleeping in the crate vs in the bed with you.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio sleeps on my bed. When we first adopted him we kept him in his crate the first few nights until one night both me and Gio fell asleep on the couch watching TV together, and since then he is right next to me every night! :D

I have to say it took me a few nights to get used to his snoring but I don't even notice it anymore! Try having her sleep with you one night and see if both you and Tess sleep okay.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
both Sebastian and Oliver sleep in our bed. They don't snore loud so that's awesome and they hardly ever :fart: so that's not an issue either. Remy will more than likely join them on the bed with us, good thing we have a king size!!!!

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Thanks for the great advise...Tess loves sleeping with me on the couch so I'm sure she will love the bed ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.