Looking for Advice on finding a baby bully to add to our family

ohiostatebulldogs

Jul 23, 2010
Wooster Ohio , USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
True ANY " Good Breeder" Should have nothing to hide!!! I welcome everyone to my house! I keep pups behind plexi glass im my welping area do to germs. I dont allow people to handle all the dog before sanatizing. You should ask them for a list of at least 3 people to talk to ...EX Vet.( good one ) i use my vet as a refrence all the time. Past Buyers and some one that they did stud service too or purchased a pup from. all these people well be able to give enough info to draw a decision. I hope this helps. Its Hard. Safest way is to buy from a place where you can see the pups in person and their living conditions.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I need to get vet references on the puppy buying tips!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
For a quality non-back yard breeder pup that is NOT from a puppy mill you should be paying around $2000-$2500, show quality is $3000 and up.

If this is way out of your price range, I would suggest adopting one. There are tons who need homes listed right here on the site. This could give you some experience with having a bulldog while you save for one (if you don't have $2000 to spend right now, that is). Plus the adults are so wonderful, and you will already know what, if any, health issues they have.

Plus I just like them when they are older and even more lazy and snuggly :)

Yep everything said here is right. I wouldnt think of paying less that 2000 I would say and even that is the lower end of the range. I understand you not caring about the bloodlines so much since you arent into showing BUT having the good bloodlines is important in more than showing, it also reflects on the quality of the dog and health etc. The expensive breeders are breeding with other dogs who are high in standards also which makes for the healthiest of pups, less hip problems etc. A healthy bully can be cheap in care cost in the end but dont get into the breed expecting cheap and easy. I agree looking into rescue is one of the best options for you if you are not ready to pay that kind of money. These dogs are well known for what their temperments are and any extra costs in illness is predisclosed since they have been taken well care of already. You will also know in advance how well they are around kids, cats and other dogs before hand. Or perhaps wait until you get a tax refund or something then plan your purchase with a good quality breeder.

Most Reactions