Thread: Looking for Advice on finding a baby bully to add to our family

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for Advice on finding a baby bully to add to our family

And don't think of a rescue as the "cheap" way to go. No matter what, the English Bulldog is a high maintenance breed! Just look around the site and you'll see, high maintanence babies! But if you are like me and how I feel about my Samson, it's more than worth it!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

For a quality non-back yard breeder pup that is NOT from a puppy mill you should be paying around $2000-$2500, show quality is $3000 and up.

If this is way out of your price range, I would suggest adopting one. There are tons who need homes listed right here on the site. This could give you some experience with having a bulldog while you save for one (if you don't have $2000 to spend right now, that is). Plus the adults are so wonderful, and you will already know what, if any, health issues they have.

Plus I just like them when they are older and even more lazy and snuggly

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

I thought "scam" as soon as saw that they were advertising puppies that were housebroken. YEAH,RIGHT!!!

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Kennel Cleaner ohiostatebulldogs's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shug Knight of OSB , Santini of OSB, and Mercedes of OSB
    Likes (Received)

True ANY " Good Breeder" Should have nothing to hide!!! I welcome everyone to my house! I keep pups behind plexi glass im my welping area do to germs. I dont allow people to handle all the dog before sanatizing. You should ask them for a list of at least 3 people to talk to ...EX Vet.( good one ) i use my vet as a refrence all the time. Past Buyers and some one that they did stud service too or purchased a pup from. all these people well be able to give enough info to draw a decision. I hope this helps. Its Hard. Safest way is to buy from a place where you can see the pups in person and their living conditions.
    S Martin
    Ohio State Bulldogs
    " Unless you try something beyond what you have already mastered you will never grow" OSB

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I need to get vet references on the puppy buying tips!!!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    For a quality non-back yard breeder pup that is NOT from a puppy mill you should be paying around $2000-$2500, show quality is $3000 and up.

If this is way out of your price range, I would suggest adopting one. There are tons who need homes listed right here on the site. This could give you some experience with having a bulldog while you save for one (if you don't have $2000 to spend right now, that is). Plus the adults are so wonderful, and you will already know what, if any, health issues they have.

Plus I just like them when they are older and even more lazy and snuggly
    Yep everything said here is right. I wouldnt think of paying less that 2000 I would say and even that is the lower end of the range. I understand you not caring about the bloodlines so much since you arent into showing BUT having the good bloodlines is important in more than showing, it also reflects on the quality of the dog and health etc. The expensive breeders are breeding with other dogs who are high in standards also which makes for the healthiest of pups, less hip problems etc. A healthy bully can be cheap in care cost in the end but dont get into the breed expecting cheap and easy. I agree looking into rescue is one of the best options for you if you are not ready to pay that kind of money. These dogs are well known for what their temperments are and any extra costs in illness is predisclosed since they have been taken well care of already. You will also know in advance how well they are around kids, cats and other dogs before hand. Or perhaps wait until you get a tax refund or something then plan your purchase with a good quality breeder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads