Anybody seen these before

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
My wife and I were walking through a Pet Supplies "Plus," I noticed this toy. It's Kong like, anyways, just wanted to see if anybody has heard anything good or bad about this brand and this toy.

It's called The Everlasting Treat Ball by Starmark, I'm not sure of the ingredients if the actual edible ball.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329020131.456282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yup....stay away from them. Those discs pop out with a little bulldog determination...and they get stuck in the throat. There are several members on here that have been mouth fishing to retrieve the discs, myself included. There is a ball that is made by the same company that is green. It's been a life saver for us.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We have the green one like Cheryl is talking about! It's great..but not this one! I'm not sure if I've met you yet! Soooo just in case..:hiya: glad you found us!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: hope you didn't buy it, or if you did you can return it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] as [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] stated... stay away, I had to pull the disc out of Banks throat when she popped it out, she tried to swallow it whole and it became lodged. It is not an easy task as she still wanted to swallow while I was pulling. The ball and the treat disc went into the trash can the day after we bought it. The green ball is great -- has little 'blockers' so they really have to work to get the food out

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I got the blue one for Bo for holiday this year and these gals are right: the stupid disk DOES come out with some bully determination. (I didn't know about the green version that worked better until this very minute.) Bo truly loves this toy and so, I still let him play with it but it's closely supervised. The minute he gets that disk out, I must remove the toy and only return it when a new disk has been installed.

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Hey guys thanks for the welcome, geez, thanks for the heads up! Thankfully we did not buy that, I wanted to get some opinions before I made that particular investment.

Don't Fight The Spunk!

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thanks for all the help! I really do appreciate it again, an yea I saw the green one, think that may be the best option for us too.

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
[MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] Also Starmark has a new treat toy called the Pickle Pocket and Frankie and Brooklyn LOVE it. It's surprisingly tough even as just a chew toy. Plus I can use my own treats instead of theirs.

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4194]GoGween[/MENTION] Also Starmark has a new treat toy called the Pickle Pocket and Frankie and Brooklyn LOVE it. It's surprisingly tough even as just a chew toy. Plus I can use my own treats instead of theirs.

THE PICKLE POCKET? This sounds fun already...how come I didn't see anything about this in that "Best Toy Thread" back at holiday time?

I just looked it up on the Starmark Academy website.....I gotta get one of these!

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
It's awesome! [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] It even has a kinda sweet smell to it, and they love to play with it even without any treats. It is pretty new, and we just got it recently (one of Brooke's birthday presents). EBN is in the process of adding a toy recommendation section! I can't wait, we have every toy under the sun, good and bad. (I've traded in my obsession for Coach, for dog toys. lol) There's not a lot of places to find out if a toy is garbage or not before you spend the $$.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Great idea! [MENTION=2514]Sarah[/MENTION] re: Toy Recommendations
I'm a Yelper so I'm all about that!

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thanks! Lots of help!!!

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]

Didn't we talk about the bad blue toy vs the good green toy at Christmas? I could have sworn I gave the recommendation to you at Christmas! So sorry if I didn't. I know we talked about this at Christmas with someone. I was explaining how we use it when Vegas is pacing after having a seizure. He just focuses on it and it helps with the brain activity.

Oh yeah....here is the thread about the blue vs green. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/general-bulldog-talk/11314-what-get-bully-has-all.html

We must have gotten something mixed up because I say in one of the posts that I researched and somewhere I found that you said you had the green fun ball vs the blue treat 1/2 ball.

Last edited:

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I got that one, and the treats do suck! To expensive and they do pop out easily, luckily she has not choked on one like others here, how scary! But I put a chunk of apple or cheese in side and Uni goes at it for hours. But I wouldn't buy another.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.