Need some suggestions for being tactful...

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Neighbor behind us has a few cats. It is her own business if she chooses to let them out, what I am having a hard time with is the fact that hey like to come into my yard, dig it up and use it as a toilet. It is disgusting and I swear if there is poo to be found and licked Raven finds it. I have just about had it.

Any suggestions on how to deal with it and not flip the frack out? I feel if people want pets then they need to be responsible and care for and clean up after them.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Hmmm. I can't help with this. Maybe put barbed wire up? I heard it's a great way to keep convicts in. If you aren't harboring any convicts inside the fence...maybe it will help keep the cat-victs out.

Seriously.....I think you might be out of luck on this one. Unless you can find a way to scare the hell out of them. Maybe they will live up to the "fraidy cat" term and stay away.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
If your neighbors become unreasonable or defensive, you can get plug in things that scare away cats. It gives off a scent or sound that they don't like.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If your neighbors become unreasonable or defensive, you can get plug in things that scare away cats. It gives off a scent or sound that they don't like.

Do they actually work? Something is going to have give.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Is there a leash law in your area for cats? There isn't in our town, so we have cats roaming all over the neighborhood. One thing is that our cat and dogs will chase any cat away.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]...don't think there is one. I am going to check though. I am going to get a damn slingshot and some water balloons. I don't want to encourage her to chase cats because we have a Siamese cat in the house. It's bad enough our yorkie tries to chase and rough play with the April. God knows how much mischief Raven can get up to if that starts.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]...don't think there is one. I am going to check though. I am going to get a damn slingshot and some water balloons. I don't want to encourage her to chase cats because we have a Siamese cat in the house. It's bad enough our yorkie tries to chase and rough play with the April. God knows how much mischief Raven can get up to if that starts.

It is funny you say that. We have a cat and our dogs just ignore her. However if another cat comes into the mix, they takeoff. We can even say "get the kitty" and they look past Daisey and look out the window. It is like they don't even know Daisey is a cat.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have cats - only one of them goes outside - but I'm certain they're filling up everyone's flower beds AND my own. My cat Sushi is a local celebrity and has a "tour" he does everyday, around the neighborhood visiting with some of my elderly neighbors who let him right in. I'm sure he's crappin' all over the countryside and I certainly find stuff in my own gardens. (except the raised beds which I've fixed so they can't get into them) How would someone control this? Not let him out? That would certainly negatively impact his quality of life. He loves his daily tours!

I've not heard of these Plug In things, but I've seen "animal repellent" (deer, rabbit, cat, dog) at garden stores. Maybe try that?

You could always gift your neighbor with one of those kitty litter scoopers and ask her to visit your flower beds? ha ha ha I'm sure that will go over....but I'd do it if someone asked me to. I mean....hey, Sushi is my cat!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Get a chihuahua! My mother-in-law had one and it kept any kitty out of her yard. Unfortunately the downside is chihuahuas bark a lot! :(

c05536ab.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Bella'sMom ...don't think there is one. I am going to check though. I am going to get a damn slingshot and some water balloons. I don't want to encourage her to chase cats because we have a Siamese cat in the house. It's bad enough our yorkie tries to chase and rough play with the April. God knows how much mischief Raven can get up to if that starts.

May be ask them to pay for the weekly clean up of your yard -- there are services that come and pick up the :poo: . Tell them you realize you can't stop them from coming in your yard, but they need to be responsible for the ;poo: just like a dog owners is when walking their dog.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
May be ask them to pay for the weekly clean up of your yard -- there are services that come and pick up the :poo: . Tell them you realize you can't stop them from coming in your yard, but they need to be responsible for the ;poo: just like a dog owners is when walking their dog.

I like that idea..lol. The lady is a bit nutty I think. She likes to attempt to make the raccoons her pets too.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@fonatanfox..I have a little yappie yorkie to fill that spot.
@Vicaroo1000 ..while I wouldn't want to impact her pets tour of the neighborhood, it is impacting the quality of my life. I clean up after my dogs and cat and I shouldn't have to clean up after the pets she has chosen to have. I have a seven year old and younger nieces and nephews, I want them to enjoy my yard and not have to step in poo. Her cats are also not spayed or neutered as one of them loves to come into my yard and mark. One of their fav places happens to be the cover on my grill. Her cats love the plush well kept grass in my yard.

I am going to get one of those electronic things as well as some of the granules that is supposed to deter them. Something has too give.

Last edited:

ozbull

Nov 19, 2011
Western Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Honey Rose
We have the same problem but lately Dexter and Honey have decided they like chasing the cat , I hate the think what will happen if they catch it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have the same problem but lately Dexter and Honey have decided they like chasing the cat , I hate the think what will happen if they catch it.

VIDEO!!!!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I like that idea..lol. The lady is a bit nutty I think. She likes to attempt to make the raccoons her pets too.

:LMAO: I just thought of that stupid commercial where the lady brings in the raccoon to sleep with her thinking it is her cat!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.