Collar question...

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
So we had a collar for Elli when she first came and didn't have so much extra skin and lovely wrinkles... I'm a bit confused on how her collar should look or where it should fall. Or should I even bother with one?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Personally, I don't bother with collars when my boys are at home, they like to play in the woods and I don't want their collars to get hung up on any low branches. They only wear them when we take them out places and their collars fit just around their neck and above their shoulders. I hope this helps.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
A harness is a better choice for a bully. When Mocha is in the house she dosent wear anything. Only when we go out does she wear her harness.

OP
Autzz

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
I have a harness for walks but I just was curious if we should have a collar too. Thanks!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Our boys have break away collars. When we first got Cutty, his breeder had told me about one of her pups that passed (while living with their new parents, not the breeder) because they didnt have a break away collar and it had jumped up and collar got caught on a drawer pull. Poor thing choked. SO ours are break away but saying that, they only wear them when we have parties or take them out. Just for id purposes. They have harnesses for walks and Miila only has a harness really cuz after her pallet surgery she couldnt use a reg collar anyhow.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Naked in the house... collars out side for ID tags and short walks. long walks are harnessed

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Naked in the house... collars out side for ID tags and short walks. long walks are harnessed

Exactly the same in my house with Vegas, only I will add harnessed for long walks, or any bye-bye's like vets or nails done.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I had the trainer at Petco yell at me for having a collar on Abby. Yelled at me in public! I was stunned lol Collars for id tags, harness for anything leash related.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
harnesses all the way...i have 2 one for home that is easier to control and one that is a quick release for doggy daycare. i have a tag clip that switches the tags from one harness to the other

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Nothing in the house for Frank, harness everywhere else, and a few cute holiday collars for pictures. He doesn't have that many wrinkles though, so the collars just go below his main neck wrinkle!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.