bully in heat and swollen vulva

jadesmomma

Sep 30, 2011
Grays Harbor County, Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
My baby Jade is now 10 months and she finally is in heat for the first time. my question is... her vulva is extremely swollen to where it is slightly purple. it is slowly getting bigger eachday so will her swelling go down? Thank you for any advice!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Yes the swelling will go down. Its kind of scary looking the first time they go in heat. Just keep her clean and comfy and she will be fine.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes all normal, it will be over soon. Then about a month or so after she is out of heat would be a good time to have her neutered if you were going to.

OP
J

jadesmomma

Sep 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
RescueMe Thank you for letting me know! Yes it is kind of scary I knew it would swell just not this extreme... she was supposed to get fixed before her first heat but as you can tell that didn't work out! Since shes been in heat seems like she cant control her pee very well. seems like shes peeing twice as much and even in the house which is rare for her... evenwhen she needs to poo she goes twice same with peeing. ive tried to look up if she may have a UTI but i havent been to successful on that. does anyone know if they go more frequently or there regular changes because there in heat??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3355]jadesmomma[/MENTION] ,the peeing and pooping difficulty is also normal. Just hang in there and be patient with her.

OP
J

jadesmomma

Sep 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Jade
oh good thank you Davidh.. we re very patient just the little things that go along with the bigger picture we dont know what all to expect!... Jade has been a super sweet and loving bullie even more now shes in heat! we love her to death shes my baby so just want the best for her and her health so just wanted to check in with all you experinced owners! Thanks again everyone!!

Most Reactions