IM CRUSHED!!!!!!

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
:begging: So I thought I finally found the right puppy & I have been contacting the breeder for awhile asking questions. It seemed like it was going smooth. UNTIL the main concern that I had was that in one photo of the puppy I could see a scab, so I asked the breeder how the pup got it. Immediately you can tell the whole vibe changed. After that I got a quick to the point email, I replied & never heard from them again. Now I find out the puppy has been sold to another family.

Ugh.... I really thought he was the one, I even took off this tues to go pick him up, how disappointed I feel!!!

RANDOM VENT

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
:( How heartbreaking for you. Did you put a deposit? (I hope not) There are many here who have had a few broken hearts in their search for the "perfect" baby. Be strong and just know it was for the best. Seems to me if the breeder acted that way, they are a shady one so you are by far better off. Keep researching and do not be afraid to ask questions. A good breeder should and would not be turned off by having to answer.

OP
Dalia55

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
:( How heartbreaking for you. Did you put a deposit? (I hope not) There are many here who have had a few broken hearts in their search for the "perfect" baby. Be strong and just know it was for the best. Seems to me if the breeder acted that way, they are a shady one so you are by far better off. Keep researching and do not be afraid to ask questions. A good breeder should and would not be turned off by having to answer.

No I did not put any deposit, after all the horror stories I've heard about I refuse to put any money down until I see the pup in person

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
GOOD JOB! Imagine if you had? You will find the one you are meant to have. When you do, you will love that baby even more for having waited for him/her.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I am so sorry. Very suspect that the breeder got that short once you asked that question. Pup is probably not even sold. They probably got scared to sell to you. Your baby is out there.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=4196]Dalia55[/MENTION] , I am so sorry for you, but Im also happy because this was certainly not a good breeder. Please try not to get your puppy online. The best way to get the puppy of your dreams is to see him and his parents and brothers in person. A good breeder will be bombarding you with questions because they want the very best forever homes for their puppies. I wish you good luck. (also english bulldogs cant travel via airplane, just so you know)

OP
Dalia55

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I know it happened for a reason, its just disappointing because I had already hyped myself up with the idea of him being the one. But yes I am glad I researched enough to know not to put any $ or buy a dog without asking everything you need to & meeting the puppy along with his family. Hopefully my next thread in this forum will be GOOD NEWS!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes I know it happened for a reason, its just disappointing because I had already hyped myself up with the idea of him being the one. But yes I am glad I researched enough to know not to put any $ or buy a dog without asking everything you need to & meeting the puppy along with his family. Hopefully my next thread in this forum will be GOOD NEWS!

So sorry for your disappointment.... it will all work out, just need time. easier said then done, I know.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Any good breeder would have been happy to ask any questions about the scab you saw on the picture!! This breeder is obviously either hiding something or does not care about their bulldogs!! Or both!! Think of this as a lucky escape from a possibly bad situation!!

[MENTION=4196]Dalia55[/MENTION] Where are you located??

OP
Dalia55

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Any good breeder would have been happy to ask any questions about the scab you saw on the picture!! This breeder is obviously either hiding something or does not care about their bulldogs!! Or both!! Think of this as a lucky escape from a possibly bad situation!!

@Dalia55 Where are you located??

I am located in Philadelphia PA, & yes the more I think about it the more I realize it wasn't meant to be.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm a believer in "things happen for a reason." I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I agree that if the breeder got that way because you asked a question about the puppy you were interested in is not a reputable breeder - something seems fishy to me. I drove 10 hours round trip to get Wilson and we just drove 28 hours round trip two weeks ago to get Emma. It's hard when you get attached to a particular one. I'll be looking for the "Good News" post. :D

:welcome: to EBN too. :hiya:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=4196]Dalia55[/MENTION]...you should search bullies in your area on petfinder....you might get lucky and find a rescue with a puppy :)

OP
Dalia55

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Dalia55 ...you should search bullies in your area on petfinder....you might get lucky and find a rescue with a puppy :)
I've been looking here in PA & even NY & NJ but havent found one yet, everytime they finally list one it goes to someone higher then me on the list, I always figured its because Im in a big city that pups dont come around often for rescue or adoption

Most Reactions