Question about Bullies and cold/snow...

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I am curious, do bullies actually like/dislike the cold and the snow. Thankfully this winter, especially the portion since we have had Raven, hasn't been too cold or icky out. Even still, Raven is quick to go outside and do her business and nubby tail it back to the back door to get inside. So my question to those of you that live in cold and snowy climates is ...does your bully baby like/dislike the snow? I know that they suffer if it's too hot outside, just wondering if they will have issues as well with the cold. My neighbor has a dog that absolutely won't go outside in the snow. My yorkie can take it or leave it. The bad weather won't deter her from going. I am wondering if this will be an issue with Raven if and when we get real winter weather.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I can't speak for all bulldogs... but Rook loves the snow. He loves running in it, chasing it, and of course eating it. When it's really cold he is quick about taking care of business and then running back inside. He dislikes when it warms up and the snow turns to slush. He goes to great lengths to take the long way around slush puddles on our walks... I'm guessing he doesn't like to get his feet wet in the cold since he's not a fan of wearing the booties we bought for him.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank loves the snow! He would love to stay out as long as he possibly could..he eats snow and chases the malamute around. Bre however, only likes to be out long enough to pee then race back inside to get warm again.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
jameson is mixed on the snow. he loves chasing snowballs and if it's not to deep running in it. he HATES trying to find a place to go potty in the snow because it covers his scents. he also doesn't like walking on the ice/snow that has been plowed and salted. he likes to try and catch snowflakes...but when it rains he high tails back in as soon as he goes....

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I think cold weather puts a little pep in my Schultzie's step. He loves snow and he will bulldoze through any pile of snow in his way....this is his first winter where we haven't gotten lots, and lots to play with...I think he's missing it.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I am going to keep my fingers crossed that she does well if and when we get snow. We had some flurries yesterday and a very light accumulation, she didn't bother with it much, just did her business and ran back inside. She might be vying for the lazy girl title.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
both my bullies love it.... Banks actually bulldozes thru it with her head

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson can't stand the snow, not! I can't keep him inside. :laugh: Him and Jack are always out in it, eating it, playing in it, etc. Heck sometimes they bring ice back in to eat. :laugh:

IMG_0469.jpg

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank loves the snow! He will stay out for as long as he can but always lets me know he is cold by running to the front door. It has been a really mild winter here but we still have patches of snow. He seeks them out and plays in them even though there is a lot of grass showing!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.