Should I change his food?

mimapr

Jan 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gio
I am feeding my dog Hi Tek Naturals, it is grain free, but my dog is pooping too much, at least 5 o 6 times a day. Before I leave to work I feed him and take him out and he does his business and when I get back home, he has poop around 3 o 4 times and pee al around the room. If I put him in his crate, he also poops and pees inside the crate. He is 5 months. I am feeding him 2 cups a day. Can it be the food? Am i feeding him too much? I also give him a spoon of pumpkin. I am going crazy. By the way he is by himself max 5 hours.

These are the ingredients of the food:

Ingredients
Lamb Meal, Sweet Potato, Potato, Peas, Pork Meal, Chicken Meal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with
Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Duck Meal, Egg, Salmon Meal, Flaxseed, Sea Salt, Tomato, Blueberry,
Raspberry, Choline Chloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation
Product, Lactobacillus Casei Fermentation Product, Bifido Bacterium Fermentation Product,
Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin, Niacin Supplement,
d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin (Source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin B12
Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of
Vitamin B6), Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc
Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate,
Manganese Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN .... 2 cups is about right.

Is he house trained? Basically tell you he has to go out?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
At 5 months..he should be able to hold it for 6 hours...minimum. I don't know anything about the food..but I will get @cowsmom here..she can tell you if it's a very good food. Problem is..if he has an allergy to any of the ingredients, you will only know that by having an allergy test. Also..I don't think I'd use pumpkin that much. It can work both ways..as a laxative and/or to help diaherria. I save pumpkin for problem solving. Hang on...she will be here soon!

OP
M

mimapr

Jan 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gio
Hello and welcome to EBN .... 2 cups is about right.

Is he house trained? Basically tell you he has to go out?

We are training him and when we are home we take him out every 2 hours, this mainly happens when he is alone in the house.

OP
M

mimapr

Jan 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gio
At 5 months..he should be able to hold it for 6 hours...minimum. I don't know anything about the food..but I will get @cowsmom here..she can tell you if it's a very good food. Problem is..if he has an allergy to any of the ingredients, you will only know that by having an allergy test. Also..I don't think I'd use pumpkin that much. It can work both ways..as a laxative and/or to help diaherria. I save pumpkin for problem solving. Hang on...she will be here soon!

Well maybe its the pumpkin, but even with the pumpkin his stool is soft, not diarrea but soft, Thanks

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Could you feed him in the afternoon or evening? You mentioned feeding him before work and I'm guessing that would be sometime in the A.M.

Maybe if you started feeding in the afternoon then you would be around while he is digesting and hopefully could catch his signals that he is needing to go again? Good luck with him!

OP
M

mimapr

Jan 16, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gio
Well we both work second shifts, I work from 4pm to 9pm and my fiance from 2pm to 10pm. So usually we feed him early in the morning and then around 3pm. But before I leave to work I take him out and he does his business.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well maybe its the pumpkin, but even with the pumpkin his stool is soft, not diarrea but soft, Thanks

If his :poo: is soft..I would certainly look at a different quality food. And I would not give him pumpkin ...too much or too often can have the opposite effect..it's hard..this food thing..but you've come to the right place and you'll get it right!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The food certainly does not look like a bad choice. I would take out the pumpkin and see if you still have any problems in a few days. You are not overfeeding I don't think.

We can only tell so much by ingredients, part of it is where the ingredients come from and what the cooking time is. But just looking at it, it does have quite a bit of potatoes, but also many protein sources around them.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
That is not normal whatsoever. He should be able to "hold it" for a decent amount of ttime. If you feed him his breakfast you need to take Him out before you are gone to work. Mocha gets up and the first thing we do is take her out where she goes pee. She then comes in and eats, then we wait about 30,35 minutes and out she goes to poo.
Dont give your puppy pumkin , he doesnt need it right now.
I think you also need to look for another dog food as this one is not right for him. My advice to you is to keep your dog in a strict schedule. Out in the morning, out after breakfast, out at 12pm, and after supper and before he goes to bed. I go out with Mocha when she goes to do her bussiness.That way I see if she pee or poo.

Georgiasmom

Feb 3, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
My Georgia is 3 months old and I am having the same problem with the pooping. I take her out a lot and feed her in the morning and at 3pm. I changed her food a little bit to see if it will work. Right now I feel like all I do is clean poop and bath her. When we are home she has little accidents but at night it's like a bomb goes off. She does it in her crate and pet yard in the house.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.