getting two puppies at once??

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
Hey guys I have been researching to get my Bulldog for years, the time is finally right and I plan to get it within the next few months. I guess in all my excitement I convinced my household that dogs are great now the issue is he wants a pug and I want my bulldog. We agreed since I have dog experience and wanted the dog longer no matter what I will get my bulldog. But I kind of am tempted to get both. Would it be crazy to get both puppies at the same time?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Its not too crazy..I did that with my first two bullies..ITs just more work and if you are up for it, I say go for it..

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Not sure how much time you are home or if you have kids. I have an almost three year old dog and we just got Raven. I am not sure if I could do two at once. Good luck if you do give it a go.

OP
Dalia55

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
if by skin kids you mean making my little own humans then :nonono: I will not be making those anytime soon lol theyre not as cute when they break stuff

OP
Dalia55

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure how much time you are home or if you have kids. I have an almost three year old dog and we just got Raven. I am not sure if I could do two at once. Good luck if you do give it a go.

No I dont have children & there is usually always someone at home since we work opposite shifts usually, I'm just concerned it would take away from the puppy learning as fast & I'd be stuck with two little trouble makers

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
As long as you researched both breeds and are aware of their health issues, I don't see why not?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
@ fontanafox...defintiely something to make note of. Vet bills sure can add up quickly especially if you have to vet two at the same time.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We haven't ever had two puppies at once...all our resident dogs came in one at a time (and some when they weren't puppies anymore!) and we have only ever fostered one puppy at a time. If you are up to the challenge of training two at a time then I'd say go for it. :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you research both breeds, plus I think having two or more, they kind of help each other. They learn together, have a play mate and don't tend to get bored as much and look for things to get into. But I have five bullies and one Beagle, so two is a piece of cake. Good luck with your decision.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Lots of people here have two or more. Really it's up to your financial and energy level. More the financial.
Because in many ways it doesn't take all that much more energy. If you have to take one out every hour what's the big deal to take two? And like David said. They can keep each other company so it's not all about double work.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
There are pro's and cons.... And everyone has covered them..... We got our 2 puppies within 2 weeks of each other and were lucky Bonez was basically house trained Bitzie. Was no were near... They both had coughs when we got them upset tums.... Vets bills were no joke...very shortly after getting Bonez his head tremors started back to the vet.... He has bad allergies as well...Bitzie in the next month or two has to have corkscrew tail surgery.... I am at home all day so I love the time I have with them and cannot imagine life without them now..... Research research research ...

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
If one of you is home as you said you work diferent shifts, that is a plus. Are you financially ok to care for them?? (vet bill for EB can run pretty high). I would say , do it!!!!

luseaann

Oct 3, 2011
Long Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Liz and Amy
I have 2 EB puppies. They are great companions. They do quite well learning together. I think it is easier to train 2 puppies at once, than to have to go through everything twice. Luckily for us one favors me and the other favors my husband.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Those of you who took on two puppies at once, I am forever in awe of how brave you are! Mine are a year apart - which has worked really well for us. The older one (Bea) has taught the puppy (Bo) a great deal. Because I had the entire first year to focus on Bea, she really was a model big sister for Bo.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.