Moving in a few months...how do I make it smooth for Lola?

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
So, my husband took a job in Vancouver, WA (about 300 miles north of us). We will be moving in June. I've spent a lot of time and energy preparing my kids, but I don't know how to prepare poor Lola (not to mention our cranky old cat). I think she'll be okay, she seems to do well wherever we go as long as she's with us. Our plan is to buy a house up there to limit the number of moves/disruptions for everyone. She's just so OCD when things are out of place. Any suggestions?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I don't know if you use a crate or bed, but whichever is the norm for her. Set up her "safe spot" as soon as you can when you get there. Then take breaks from all the hustle and bustle of the actual moving for extra cuddle time.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She should do fine, as you say she is happy when ever she is with you so let her explore the house and as [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] said set up her spot and she should be fine. I have moved before and my bullies did fine and loved their new place.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] just recently did a move with Vegas and he is OCD.... may be she can give some suggestions

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I too was so worried about the adjustment with Vegas, we brought him to the new house when it was empty and he whined by the front door the whole time. We hired movers to move us. I kept Vegas with me in the car and drove around while the movers were putting things in the house, by the time we got here everything was pretty much set up.

I brought his crate in and placed it. He just sniffed around for a while and realized it was all "his" stuff and was very OK with the move. As [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] said, take time while unpacking to spend some time and cuddle. He did get a little OCD with the boxes but I let him sniff everything. It went much more smoother than I had anticipated. Lola will be OK when she see's all of her family and her stuff there.

OP
korikelly

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thanks everyone! I was hoping that's what you'd say. We do crate her at night, so I think maybe it will seem familiar even if we're in a new house. She is such a cuddler that part won't be hard!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.