how often

Teresa

Oct 30, 2010
So. Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Frederick (Fred)
How often do u bathe ur Bully .Fred's face will stink in about a week after his bathe so I bath him with regular shampoo (doggie shampoo) and use tearless puppy shampoo with a wash cloth and clean his face real good . I'm thinking of bathing him weekly :anyone:

Last edited:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im sure just like humans, it varies from bully to bully. We bathe Princess Gracie every two to three weeks. She doesn't stink per se but by the time we give her a bath you can tell she needs one.. LOL.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I bathe Vegas every two weeks, but I wash his face about every 3 days. His body starts to smelling at about the two week mark, his face is a different story, with all his allergies and tear stains his face stinks more often.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank gets one about once a month, but by the time I get him in the bath, it is definitely needed. In the meantime, I clean his face wrinkles every other day and his tail pocket about once a week. Also, he gets the occasional wipedown with a baby wipe between bathings because sometimes he pees on his foot or he pees on a leaf and it bounces back onto him. Sigh.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz will have a bath every 2 weeks ....with the whole bubble bath experience...but he get's the washcloth bath every day, maybe 2x a day...he's so low to the ground and loves dirt that he gets filthy outside....and his face gets cleaned after every meal, just water on a wash cloth.... Plus I may have a bit of OCD....haha....we won't blame that on the bully

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wilson gets a bath every week. I think Wilsons allergies make his coat kind of greasy feeling and he usually has little scabs so they usually come off with a dog brush that's for bathing. Wilson gets the most "detailing." His face I have to do daily. BabyGirl every two weeks but mostly to wash her tail pocket more thoroughly. Her lady parts daily. Her face only as needed. Wilson gets dandruff shampoo followed by a second wash of baby shampoo then Avoderm Natural coat conditioner or Cloud Star's Buddy rinse conditioner. BabyGirl gets perfect coat natural oatmeal shampoo and same conditioner as Wilson.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have to bathe sarah every week with her yeast. i soak her feet twice a week due to yeast also. her tp every day maintainance is required. her ears prolly once a week as long as there is no problem then its every 2 days. i dont have trouble with sarahs face so thats just whenever she needs it.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Being a puppy, right now Raven gets a bath once a week, sometimes a three times a week depending on what she has been up to once we leave her in her crate. I wash her face and lady bits every night, and tend to wipe her bottom after every poop since sometimes she has a little bit of debris sitting around. Hopefully when all is said and done and her potty training is done, we can get down to a weekly bath with just daily face and girly bits getting wiped down.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
We usually bathe Lola weekly, but missed last weekend and it was fine, so we will probably be bathing less frequently. It will be great to only have to bathe her every other week...it's a wrestling match sometimes :) Her face, I wipe down a couple times a week, as it also gets stinky pretty quick. Her lady parts also a couple times a week.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Who closed the door .... ? we're not finished yet........ ....

I bathe Jack every Sunday just before church....
He nor I go to church .. I just mentioned it for a point of time of day reference...... :ROFL:

Bullys are constantly smelling everything and with their stub nose they need to really get it deep into whatever they're smelling... So needless to say, a daily wipe down of their face is highly recommended...

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Bre gets a bath every week because she is a smelly old lady! :)Which is strange because she spends less time outdoors than Tank.
Tank gets a bath every 2 weeks...he is amazingly clean for a guy who loves to romp outdoors.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks' face is washed everyday and cleaned with witch hazel once a week. Bath is only as needed... might be every three months

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I give Abby a bath every Saturday. It's not easy since all she wants to do is drink the water!!

I wipe her face and down every morning with the baby wipes. It's become our ritual before I go to work. She'll sit and whine until I scoop her up like an infant and wipe her eyes. She's training me quite nicely I think lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.