How does she know???

Georgiasmom

Feb 3, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
So my husband left on today on deployment. Georgia did good in her indoor yard without crying and fewer accidents in the house. I go to put her in her night time crate and no poop explosion. She lays down and goes straight to sleep. How does she know I had a rough day of watching her daddy leave??? I hope this continues.... I just wanted to share. Thanks for listening!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I think dogs (especially bulldogs) are very in tune with their owners. They pick up on it when we are happy, sad, etc.... Sorry to hear your hubby was deployed...we will keep him in our thoughts. Congratulations on little miss Georgia...she looks like a cutie!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I hope today is a better day for you. Congrats to Miss Georgia :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hug: to you and Sweet Georgia. We will keep you, your hubby and Georgia in our prayers. Just hang with us and we will keep you busy! And sooooon you'll be as crazy as others here..([MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]). :ROFL: :ROFL:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Just like [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] said, dogs, especially bullies, are especially in tune with their human's emotions. Georgia is such a cutie and she will be a great comfort while your husband is deployed. I know I would not have made it through my ex-husbands deployments without my Dobie. Hang in there and come visit EBN often...we are great company! And would love to see more pictures of Georgia!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yes bullies "know". i hurt myself one time in the lower leg and came home layed on the couch and she came right straight and layed down on top of my hurt leg and stayed there for hours. "how did she know" dunno but they do. will keep you and hubby in my thoughts. yes come here alot and just ignore some people here :ROFL:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Sorry to hear your husband was deployed today. This is the greatest support group you will ever find. Not just about Bulldogs. I pray for a speedy safe return of your loved one.

As for the fur kids, they are watching us all the time. they know our every emotion. Your husband was deployed, it was her daddy. She and you will become closer than ever. Enjoy all the love and comfort she has to give you. Talk to you soon, we are gonna have some fun on here. Chin up little lady.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
She knew her mamma needed a break. Bless her little heart. Saying prayers to keep your hubby safe while he is deployed.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My BabyGirl is very sensitive and when I'm unhappy she will come over to me and put her little paw on me and just stare at me till I make eye contact with her. She always manages to make me smile no matter what mood I'm in.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: We are here for you... thanks to you and your husband for serving our country!

Dogs are VERY in tune to their humans and feed/sense our stress, happiness, sadness, nervousness, etc. --- they are the greatest support you will ever have.

Gold bullies

Nov 27, 2011
Dayton Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Bonez, Bitzie, Brook and Bumble....not forgetting our ff Mr Burger
Hi , it is amazing how in tune they are. My mum has a brain tumor and when I called her today she had an episode. I cried for a while and the pups would not leave me alone and started crying.... Deployments are horrible (my husband is air force )..... But there alot of nutty people on this that will keep you smiling and have a shoulder to cry on :D

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi , it is amazing how in tune they are. My mum has a brain tumor and when I called her today she had an episode. I cried for a while and the pups would not leave me alone and started crying.... Deployments are horrible (my husband is air force )..... But there alot of nutty people on this that will keep you smiling and have a shoulder to cry on :D

:hug: Denise....we are here for you too!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I have a bad back (6 surgeries so far). One day I was trying to walk my dog Roxy, I was in a little bit of pain but I figured that I could push through it as usual. We made it to the corner of our street when Roxy sat down and wouldn't budge. Here's me begging her Come on Rox! Lets go Rox. Please Rox!! She just sat and refused to move. The harder I tugged on the leash, the harder she pulled back against me. We made it 4 or 5 houses towards home when my entire lower back and legs seized up. All I could do was stand there and cry and wait for someone to come get me. How did Roxy know that I wouldn't be able to make it all the way around the block? I couldn't tell you but I'm sure she did.

I don't know how they know what they know. I'm just glad that they do. It makes us love them even more.

I'd like to thank your husband for his service and you for your courage. I'll keep the 3 of you in my prayers.

OP
Georgiasmom

Georgiasmom

Feb 3, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Y'all are wonderful and thank you for your support! Today she started going up the stairs when the day before she couldn't. Also accidents have been less. I try to stay up beat for the most part. Georgia and Rosco (Boston Terrier) get to playing that she knocks him off the couch our he does which leads to mom making them both get off the couch. :nonono: He is 45lbs and she is only 3 months old and probably 9 or 10 lbs. But she holds her own.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.