Homemade bulldog sweaters

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
It's been quite cold her in Rochester and I haven't found a puppy coat for Elli so I thought I could make one since I am skilled enough...

Does anyone have favorite patterns or tips?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328619698.025699.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328619698.025699.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 155

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry, can't help you in that department, but others may. Just wanted to say Elli sure is cute. Love the pink toe pads.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], makes all kinds of bully sweaters, hoodies, etc...when she see's this I am sure she can help you. I personally struggle sewing on a button.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] used Simplicity #2318 as the base pattern for her fleeces but has modified it.
Please save that pic for the next time we have a Baby Bully theme contest... it is precious! :heart:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
knittingpatterncentral is a place were you can find free patters to knit even matching sweaters for you and your lovely Elli.uskis villiksessä.jpg
This one was Usko's first sweater, very easy to knit in one tube.

Last edited:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am not very adept at sewing, so can't help in that department! But just wanted to say that picture of Elli is adorable and if you make a sweater, you must post pictures of Elli modeling it!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I have nothing helpful to offer other than that Eli is sooo cute!!! I saw the picture and the voice in my head said "awww wook at da widdle baby!!" :heart:

Oh, and Usko looks so happy to be in that sweater lol He's totally got the "But I don't wanna go to school!" face

Last edited:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
If you have ever used a loom to knit it's super easy to turn into a dog sweater. You can even do it without a pattern if you keep track of where you need to bind off and restart for the leg holes.

OP
Autzz

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
knittingpatterncentral is a place were you can find free patters to knit even matching sweaters for you and your lovely Elli.View attachment 17014

I wish I could knit in a decent amount of time to make a sweater like that but I take almost 6 months to actually finish a basic scarf... By the time in done with a sweater for Elli shell be a big girl!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
knittingpatterncentral is a place were you can find free patters to knit even matching sweaters for you and your lovely Elli.View attachment 17014

The sweater is Beautiful and it fits perfectly . Not so sure I remember how to knit. LOL

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That's exactly what it is! Here is the one I just started this am....super easy.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzMtMjAxMjAyMDctMTYzOC5qcGc.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online