Amount of sleep?

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Hey guys I am curious as to what is the average amount of sleep, in hours a baby bully (9-12 weeks) should expect to get. I've heard in some pups 11 hours, so I am curious as to what others think on this subject?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This might be a good question for [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Usually when they get tired they will take a nap. I have never payed that much attention to it, they will play for a little while maybe an hour or two and take a nap for several hours. I just would not let them play hard for several hours like 3 or 4 hours at a time. Sometimes you can tell when they get tired and need a nap, because they will start going crazy and getting into everything more than usual, just like a kid will, that's time for a time out in their crate for a nap.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Linus is now 16 weeks and he has started to play more and sleep a little less. They are just like babies, and you get to tell when they have gone beyond sleep and into that "over tired" stage. I guess I'm lucky in that my other dogs will let Linus know that playtime is over and growl/ignore him which makes him take a timeout all by himself. You don't have that luxury so I would say that after a few hours when that playtime goes from play to "over excited" either put him in a time out or find some way of calming/relaxing them.

As you both work you can guarantee he gets a lot of sleeping done during those hours so just kinda expect him to be somewhat hyper when you first get home because he will be well rested!!!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
We where told Molly (almost 4 months old) needs 18 hours sleep from our trainer. While I think that is a little high we have noticed a more behaved puppy when she does get her beauty sleep.

OP
GoGween

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Thanks for the input, Spunky does indeed sleep more than we thought, no wonder she's full of energy when we get home from work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness sleeps all the time, will
Play for an hour and then map for a few hours. He is in his crate while we r at work do who knows how much he really sleeps.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.