9 week old bulldog already having tear stains??

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
I take him in on the 21st for his final parvo shot I'll ask him then. I read it could also be tap water? I am going to try him on filtered water see if that helps

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ahhh ... the dreaded Tear Stains .... there appears to be no magic answer that cures ALL bullies of this so just keep trying and hopefully you will stumble across the magic cure!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I take him in on the 21st for his final parvo shot I'll ask him then. I read it could also be tap water? I am going to try him on filtered water see if that helps
While my Wilson still has water eyes, once I switched him to filtered water from the fidge, his rust stains under his chin disappeared completely.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Ahhh ... the dreaded Tear Stains .... there appears to be no magic answer that cures ALL bullies of this so just keep trying and hopefully you will stumble across the magic cure!!

You're spot on [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]. One eye on both dogs tears more than the other and on one side they have tear stains. I drive myself crazy trying to get rid of it. Now we're trying witch hazel. The last time I was complaining about this with my vet, he told me about some medication that came out for some other random condition and the amazing side effect is that it clears up tear stains. Like POW! I didn't want to give them unnecessary drugs - and he agreed with this decision - but told me that if I'm ever THAT nuts about it, he'll write the RX. I wish I could remember what the drug was and what it was really for.....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.