9 week old bulldog already having tear stains??

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Spunky had tear stains at 9 weeks as well, we have been putting something our vet recommended on them it's a liquid and then a powder my wife [MENTION=4212]Spunkysmom2012[/MENTION] should be able to chime in on what exactly it is, lol, sorry I don't know exactly (she ordered it for us) Also check the kibble the pup is on, I heard sometimes diet can determine the severity of the tear stains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
He is on blue buffalo thinking I want to try blue wilderness

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That does seem to be rather early.... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] would you agree?

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Diet can be a factor. Its gonna take some time for you to find the food that is gonna work on your baby. For now try to wipe his wrinkles twice a day and dont forget to dry them too!! Some put a little bit of corn starch,or desitin ,or gold bond too.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It does seem a little young ... are they just brown stains or are they actually sore and irritated looking??

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
No they are just moist not quite brown/rust color more of pinkish. Im going to get him some baby powder tomorrow morning. He does not seem bothered buy it at all. Here he is sleepin I love him

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
Here

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328596365.629905.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328596365.629905.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 155

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
My bulldogs developed tear stains at a very young age too, and I still have not found a definite way to correct them. I have tried raw diet, fromm, apple cider vinegar and cleaning/drying and nothing helps. I have been giving them 100% filtered drinking water and hopefully this will revert the problem. Good luck!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I blew up the pic you posted and the tear stains don't look bad at all. We use Witch Hazel to wipe HRHs wrinkles. It is an astringent so self dries. Its the moisture that causes the sore if it gets real bad. Wiping the wrinkles a few times a day to make sure they stay dry is just part of having a bully in many instances. He sure is a cutie!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just a thought to consider for all those who have tried everything they can think of under the sun for tear stains. Wilson has horrible watery eyes 99% of the time. I also thought it was due to food, possibly eye lashes or even tear ducks. Funny thing was that I started noticing that when he waked during the morning his yes were pretty much dry and then would start watering pretty quick. When he got neutered last week his vet checked his eyes out. His watery eyes are not due to any of the above. Wilson has "prominent" eye folds on both sides that press up again the eyes to water. I never would have though of that. Wilson's a year old now as of January. Also, I just wipe him down with cotton balls twice a day, sometimes more if needed, and he's never been stinky on the face or red from sores of the constant wetness.....just wet and stained. I too use baby wipes, Witch Hazel and Mal-A-Ket wipes which all seem to help.

Emma, who is 10 weeks old, has just started with a bit of wetness on her left eye but only in the fold. I'm not fretting over it at all right now as I think that's normal to some degree.

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I got Chuy at 14 weeks and he had and has tear stains. He is on Fromm for large breed puppies, receives angel eyes with his food, gets them washed at least twice a day with baby wipes (scent free, sensitive skin, gentle), gets witch hazel wash at least once a week, ... not clearing up too much yet. I think when we switch him to Fromm dog food at 6 months it will be better. We did get him a powder at a pet store that covers up the stains... we have only used a little bit to get him use to it. I feel like such a stage mom putting it on him so that he can be prettier for pictures. This shows his stains pretty well:

2d5a395b.jpg

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Just curious and figured I ask you all in the know. With Yorkies and Maltese pups when they are teething we see a lot of tear staining. When my Yorkie, Bubbles, was teething I saw a lot of tear staining. Then when she passed that stage, it seemed to stop. Now I only get tear staining if her facial hair pokes her in the eye. Is this maybe a possibility with bully babies as well?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.