Feeders, slow feeders, elevated feeders and a pig.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion is PIG. She has been since she was a wee one.

Evidence:

So, we purchased this bowl.

We were out camping and Vegas was bored (apparently) and used it as a chew toy. So, we decided to go with this metal one.

But, Orion is so small she just turns her head to the side and gobbles the food as she walks around the bowl. So, we went back to this slow feeder.

We've been using this one for the last year. Orion does well on it, but it collects food and stains her under jowls.

So, when [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] told me about the "ball", I immediately bought it.

Two days later I tried it out. I tried it on Vegas first because I didn't have an elevated feeder for Orion yet. We've been feeding her using the slowfeeder ON TOP of a wine box to work as an elevated slow feeder. The ball was too small. In fact, Vegas took off with it and hid it in his kennel. I tried it out a few more times with Vegas, and he's able to pop the ball out of his bowl while eating. I finally got an elevated feeder for O...and tried it on her. The ball is too small. She has no problem eating mouth fulls of food and choking on it. The ball comes no where near blocking her. So, I've ordered the large one. Hopefully this will be our saving grace. Oh, Orion also thinks it's a play toy and spent over an hour grumbling at it and trying to figure out how to get it out of her bowl without being seen by me.

So, in a few days...we will find out how the large ball works in slowing down Orion.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... she might be worse than Banks!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Good luck with the large ball. I've seen people use pool table balls but that's with smaller dogs...LOL...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek: that girl is sumpin!! I have the large. (I guess) porcelain one. Jake goes crazy with his food and it has sure helped him! I'll cross my fingers for you!!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Oh Baby O ... you are just too much little girl! Hope the large one works for you!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
First let me say what an adorable puppy she was and still is! I have never seen a dog eat that fast. Now I see why you're worried...I hope the bigger ball works.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.