Kong Toy Fillers

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Does anyone know which treats are ok to fill my boy's Kong with? They sell several bit I don't know if it is a choking hazard or if the ingredients are ok. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't necessarily buy the Kong fillers that they have on the market. Instead, I fill the Kong toy with all sorts of things like cut up bits of cheese, frozen string beans, cream cheese, peanut butter. You can get pretty creative with it.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I don't buy any of the Kong brand fillers. Most of them are garbage. I just use real peanut butter. I've also read other people use cream cheese or yogurt in there too. Just depends what your dog likes and isn't allergic to. Also if you freeze it in there it will take longer for them to get it out. Sometimes I will do peanut butter and then put in a handful of their kibble so it's stuck in there. It's a pain to clean out though.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
@bigfwt04f i have purchased those Kong fillers in the past however. Mainly the "stuffin' ziggies". Tate and Finn really loved those but i would recommend monitoring them if you decide to give them this (well, it's important to monitor anyways), b/c they can be chewed into somewhat thick chunks and i was always afraid they would gag on it.

malaviKat

Jun 15, 2011
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
I don't buy the Kong brand stuff either.... too much crap and preservatives in it.

I do what Sarah does and use real peanut butter and some 'natural' cookies from Darford. I have also done the string beans and cheddar cheese cubes and I've filled it with homemade frozen yogurt and frozen it before giving it to Chance.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I was wondering the same thing.... Guess i need to think outside the box

Heather w/Tapatalk app

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I've never tried the Kong fillers so I can't comment on those and use fruits and veggies instead - Rook love apple chunks in his kong!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
no to the fillers..... I do peanut butter, cream cheese or just broken up grain free treats

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Cream Cheese! Wow, she will love that! I do cheese chunks and P.B. but the P.B makes her fart, so I was wondering what else I could use. Also wanted to find some more healthy fillers, I'm gonna try veggies and fruit too. Thanks for starting this thread!

kaikousha

Jan 25, 2012
San Diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor & Odin
We got the cheese filling as a xmas present, it made Thor really sick...then I read the ingredients and was like UGH! Seconding the yogurt/kibble fillings. My dog is weird and doesn't like peanut butter for some reason :s

Members online

No members online now.