Is spunky getting enough attention?

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola used to bite constantly. Those needle-sharp puppy teeth are evil! She also used to chase our feet and bite our pants/shoes/ankles. Coins in a can worked wonders. There are several threads on the subject. Yelping also helped when it hurt. She is a year old now and while she is still mouthy, she hardly ever hurts us.

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
That's also a great idea. We have been picking her up by her scruff if she doesn't respond (not very far off the ground though). What are everyone's thoughts on that? I've heard for years that it doesn't HURT them but there mamas do that when she wants her pups to stop something.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
you've had some really helpful suggestions so now let me tell you the honest truth!!!

Is Spunky getting enough attention ... absolutely NOT!!

This is a baby bulldog and requires 24/7 attention, and love. How dare you go to bed at all .. I suggest you both work out shifts of daytime and nighttime .. 12 hours each .... and start to give this poor baby the attention she deserves!!! :tongue:

GoGween

Jan 31, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Easy, [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] we give our baby Spunky our undivided attention 24/7 even at our bedtime and even when we are away at work believe it or not. Puppies do need their sleep too, they actually need their sleep more than they care to realize haha. I think what my wife is trying to say is, can the nibbling be a sign of separation anxiety or a lack of "out of the crate" time? We like majority of the rest of the world work jobs, so 24/7 attention will not be possible but what we do is rush home from work and cater to her every need. Whether its play time, potty time, feeding time, cleaning time, regardless whatever time it is, we are there! Thanks for all the input, we are like everybody else was at one point or another, newbies, haha we're learning and definitely absorbing all the helpful information.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Easy, @kazzy220 we give our baby Spunky our undivided attention 24/7 even at our bedtime and even when we are away at work believe it or not. Puppies do need their sleep too, they actually need their sleep more than they care to realize haha. I think what my wife is trying to say is, can the nibbling be a sign of separation anxiety or a lack of "out of the crate" time? We like majority of the rest of the world work jobs, so 24/7 attention will not be possible but what we do is rush home from work and cater to her every need. Whether its play time, potty time, feeding time, cleaning time, regardless whatever time it is, we are there! Thanks for all the input, we are like everybody else was at one point or another, newbies, haha we're learning and definitely absorbing all the helpful information.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

So maybe early retirement .... no??? :ROFL:

OP
Spunkysmom2012

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
I will go ahead and end this topic now, thanks to everyone who gave their input and advice.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.