Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is spunky getting enough attention?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

I let nibble on my finger and that does seem to comfort, though she hasn't learned her limits yet. I feel better knowing that it's normal though, I do wish she could just sleep and be cuddly without thinking I'm trying to run a marathon with her. Thanks all to your advice, I love this place!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

@biogirl72 I wanted to show you how much spunky enjoyed the cold washcloth, she sleeps!!! It's a miracle!!! -imageuploadedbytapatalk1328467917-663137-jpg

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Is spunky getting enough attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Spunkysmom2012 View Post
    @biogirl72 I wanted to show you how much spunky enjoyed the cold washcloth, she sleeps!!! It's a miracle!!! -imageuploadedbytapatalk1328467917-663137-jpg
    What a sweet picture
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Lola used to bite constantly. Those needle-sharp puppy teeth are evil! She also used to chase our feet and bite our pants/shoes/ankles. Coins in a can worked wonders. There are several threads on the subject. Yelping also helped when it hurt. She is a year old now and while she is still mouthy, she hardly ever hurts us.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

That's also a great idea. We have been picking her up by her scruff if she doesn't respond (not very far off the ground though). What are everyone's thoughts on that? I've heard for years that it doesn't HURT them but there mamas do that when she wants her pups to stop something.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

you've had some really helpful suggestions so now let me tell you the honest truth!!!

Is Spunky getting enough attention ... absolutely NOT!!

This is a baby bulldog and requires 24/7 attention, and love. How dare you go to bed at all .. I suggest you both work out shifts of daytime and nighttime .. 12 hours each .... and start to give this poor baby the attention she deserves!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

Easy, @kazzy220 we give our baby Spunky our undivided attention 24/7 even at our bedtime and even when we are away at work believe it or not. Puppies do need their sleep too, they actually need their sleep more than they care to realize haha. I think what my wife is trying to say is, can the nibbling be a sign of separation anxiety or a lack of "out of the crate" time? We like majority of the rest of the world work jobs, so 24/7 attention will not be possible but what we do is rush home from work and cater to her every need. Whether its play time, potty time, feeding time, cleaning time, regardless whatever time it is, we are there! Thanks for all the input, we are like everybody else was at one point or another, newbies, haha we're learning and definitely absorbing all the helpful information.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GoGween View Post
    Easy, @kazzy220 we give our baby Spunky our undivided attention 24/7 even at our bedtime and even when we are away at work believe it or not. Puppies do need their sleep too, they actually need their sleep more than they care to realize haha. I think what my wife is trying to say is, can the nibbling be a sign of separation anxiety or a lack of "out of the crate" time? We like majority of the rest of the world work jobs, so 24/7 attention will not be possible but what we do is rush home from work and cater to her every need. Whether its play time, potty time, feeding time, cleaning time, regardless whatever time it is, we are there! Thanks for all the input, we are like everybody else was at one point or another, newbies, haha we're learning and definitely absorbing all the helpful information.

Thanks!

Don't Fight The Spunk!

So maybe early retirement .... no???

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

I'll retire if you do!

Don't Fight The Spunk!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Spunky
    Likes (Received)

I will go ahead and end this topic now, thanks to everyone who gave their input and advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads