Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THank God Bubba didn't die today!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: THank God Bubba didn't die today!

Yep...@Libra926 Bubba lost his priviliges! I've even started babygating him in the kitchen even when i'm gone a short time. It's not worth it. I won't babygate him in the kitchen for long periods..he has been known to bust the gate down, even when applied very tightly! My heart sunk when I saw the wire all chewed up! If he was dead when I came home...I would have felt sooo guilty and been so heartbroken. I take all of them for long walks when I get home or the dog park, so, it's not like they don't get any exercise. He is fine in my room at night without being crated..thank goodness.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaisapig View Post
    Yep...@Libra926 Bubba lost his priviliges! I've even started babygating him in the kitchen even when i'm gone a short time. It's not worth it. I won't babygate him in the kitchen for long periods..he has been known to bust the gate down, even when applied very tightly! My heart sunk when I saw the wire all chewed up! If he was dead when I came home...I would have felt sooo guilty and been so heartbroken. I take all of them for long walks when I get home or the dog park, so, it's not like they don't get any exercise. He is fine in my room at night without being crated..thank goodness.
    Thank Goodness that beautiful face is alright. Jeesh...... what a rush ehh? As I recall, Dolly was almost 2 till I could let her out for the whole day. The three stooges here are still gated in a kitchen area together. I have tried to let them un-crated for small periods of time but they can not be trusted yet. They are all perfectly house trained but for some reason Griz will go inside the gated area and make a deposit. ewwww. Peggy will chew on furniture on poor Scrimps is up to something, I just haven't figured it out yet. Keep em safe until they can be trusted. It could be separation anxiety. ???
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

How scary! I'm glad he's ok! The only time I have had that issue was with a cable cord on the side of my mom's house. I wouldn't leave Samson out there while we weren't home but when he was out there he would chew on it. I lathered it up in tapatio, that stopped that real quick!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    bubba
    Likes (Received)

@TessaAndSamson great idea! I just need to figure out if I can cut the cable cord back, the parts he's chewed. Obviously he didn't elecricute himself but that doesn't nec mean it's ok to cut it back to the non chewed portion, I don't think. I don't want to fry myself either! I don't want to thread it back into the wall and have it start a fire..if it is live! ANy one know, or husbands/boyfriends know anything about how I can determine this?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

My guys are usually good, Frankie gets gated into the kitchen area and Brooke has free run of the living room and upstairs if she wants (bathroom and bedroom are closed off). But even though they've been great for awhile now we even had a relapse lately. Frankie has taken up chewing on the windowsill in the kitchen and Brooklyn on the coffee table in the living room. They started doing it about two weeks ago when my boyfriend and I started up with school again. We had been off of school for winter break and now we're gone more so they're pissed and have been chewing our stuff. And they NEVER do it when we're home so it's hard to correct. We covered the areas they have been chewing in cayenne pepper. Hopefully that will teach them. Little jerks. As if I want to leave them and go to class anyway.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Mine chewed the couch and cushions, their dog bed and stuffing, base boards etc. Never anything electrical thankfully! I think they were partying once we left and Cutty and Mugsy were both teenagers together which I think made it worse. One would start (Mugsy I think) and then the other would join in. Miila has only ever seemed to sleep once we are gone but I think cuz she is around the old farts (Cutty and Mugsy now 5 and 6) so she hasnt thought to. Now with her attitude problem she is either crated or baby gated in the hallway when we leave to be sure nobody fights so wont have to worry about her now.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

ah.....I was using my phone on the above post. I fixed my leak and dead and hopefully for those of you who read it the first time around KNEW it was dragon to blame!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads