Hyper Tipsy

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Tipsy drove me nuts, she wanted to play all day. I thought taking her for a long walk would tire her out but nooooo... Maybe 2x20 min sessions of fetch but noooo...more walking but noooo!!! No wonder she is small at 20 months! LOL... Anyone else with a hyper bully? Oh and here is a pic of her in my office the other day...grumpy face...lol!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328164548.010057.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328164548.010057.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 100

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Wau, such a lovely mask. Only tip that I've got is that maybe you have to challenge her more mentally, that tires them down more than physical activity. All activity involving some nose job is also good.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Wow, Tipsy takes a good picture! My bulldogs are about mediuim energy unless they see a stray cat then it's hyperspeed!!!!!Once they expend that energy running to the end of the yard (cat of course up and over the wall by then)...they are down to "slow." But I do have a French Bulldog/Boston Terrier mix who never runs out of batteries.

fa73b8d4.jpg

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank has quite a lot of energy for a bulldog. When he's in the house he's usually on the move walking around checking on everybody and begging for treats. When he's outdoors he chases after my boyfriend's malamute/husky mix....he's pretty good, he can really keep up! :)

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank has a ton of energy. Sometimes I go on short jogs with him. He gets at least one daily wrestling session with the hubby, gets several sessions of "catch", will run laps around our yard when he gets excited, and gets time with his Wobble Kong treat dispenser. And we have a couple of balls he chases around.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz is high energy ...but what I've noticed is that when he's been on his walks and played and is still not able to come into stillness...he needs a little help getting there. Try taking a few moments to stop and rest yourself, we do the doggy massage (just a few minutes where I give him a gentle rub down from head to toes). It seems to flip a switch in his head, he goes from punchy to mellow.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Gio is very hyper! We have a small woods in my town that is called "the dog park." At any given time threw out the day we will see an average of 10 other dogs. I bring Gio up there at least once a day, most days twice. Its so nice because the dogs can run around unleashed and play with each other. Gio can actually keep up with some of the other dogs, but I have noticed that he will actually take short cuts to catch the faster the dogs! :ROFL: People laugh when they see him sprinting after all the dogs who clearly are more athletic! But still after all that he still comes home at night and wants to play for hours! But at least he sleeps till 11 everyday!

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Thank you all. I am thinking of getting her a baby bro when she turns 2 in May. I can't wait!!!

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Spunky is high energy too, regardless she's 10 weeks but she's CRAZY!!!! She is always running around the house chewing, she seems to calm down when we challenge her to training with treats, and ignore her haha. She's such a good dog, just doesn't slow down.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My girl Banks was like this until about 3.... she is still more active than a normal bully and she is 6. We just got a 10 month old French Bulldog and he is kicking her butt (hee hee hee) finally a dog she can not keep up with! Maybe that is your answer... get her a baby brother

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online