why the lick?

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Norm licks my legs ALL THE TIME!!! When I'm sitting at the computer, watching a movie, even when I'm walking he'll try to lick my legs. I've never had a dog like it. All 3 of the others don't do it. All the fosters that have come into my home have never done it.

Is it just a Norm thing, or are there others out there too?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I have two toe lickers. I gotta wear socks LOL

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Cutty is a total licker also. It is embarassing when friends come over and he cleans their legs! When you put lotion on it is even worse, he just wants to take it back off. hehe

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
Bono is also a diehard licker :D
I know Bono does this because of the salt. (mostly he does this when I have jogged 5 miles and my leggs are sweatty :p)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex is the same way,i have to wait to put lotion on before bed or its just a waste!!!

guess they're a leg man lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yep ..... Maggie is a licker too! Although, we call it her OCD because she doesn't seem to know when to stop.

We have two schnauzers and they're both toe lickers!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yes...Vegas is a leg licker!! Especially loves lotion after I get out of the shower, he would sit for hours and just lick my leg IF I allowed it. Personally I do not like it and after a few licks I have to push him away.:bully:
Vegas017.jpg

OP
bulldog family

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Wow!!! I'm surprised with all the leg and feet lickers. Thanks for the responses!

PS... Vegas is a good looking Bullie!!!

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
I had to change the brand of moisturizer for my face because Dempsey would lick my face when I went to bed at night. Now he likes the arms. My legs are ususally covered, not into shorts anymore :p

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
Horse likes to sneak up on people and lick their toes, it seems to relax him or something...who knows! He also sits on the bathmat and waits for me to get out of the shower and put lotion on so he can lick my legs!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
My weird wife would love that... she tried to get our Shih Tzu to lick her toes, and even asked me to. Uhm, did I just cross the TMI line?

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
mine isn't obssessive about it but if he doesn't have something to play with he'll go for the calves, especially with lotion or when i'm right out of the shower.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella is a toe licker and biter....Abby just licks, my arm, my leg, my feet, my neck...anything skin she can find....esp at night.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.