Food for new pup

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
I am bringing my new bulldog pup home next Friday. The breeder feeds his dogs blue buffalo so I wanted to get my other dog which is a Puggle on it. Her stool is extremely soft and pretty disgusting. I read that the blue buffalo chicken does that so I bought a bag of the lamb and oatmeal to mix it in. Has anyone else had this problem with blue buffalo?? I'm thinking of trying the blue wilderness I saw that it was a 6 star food and the other blue buffalo was only 4 star. Any advice?? This will be my first bulldog I've only had golden retrievers growing up. Thanks in advance

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I have no experience with BB to answer your question. Just wanted to say I love your avatar and :welcome:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well could be the protein could be the grains. id pick a food and keep them on it for a bit. also while blue wilderness is wonderful doesnt mean it will be for your pups. pick a food that is good for your dog. well i wouldnt go below 4 star though. you might want to try the lamb and oatmeal and see if that helps. give it about a month and then if not then maybe look at a grain free food. make sure to do a slow switch from regular blue to wilderness if you go that route. very different foods and dont want to make a soft situation worse. you can also add some canned pumpkin. not pie filling but real canned pumpkin. if you dont have that ive used metamucil smooth texture unflavored sugar free before for fiber to firm up poo. just sprinkle about a spoonful on their food. food is a tricky thing for bullies and sometimes its trial and error. let us know how its going.

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
Thanks for your advice, I think the lamb and oat meal might be working her stool actually had a shape of a log instead of a pile of mush haha. I will let you know this time next week. Im picking my bullie up Friday first thing in the morning!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I do not use Blue products, but wanted to welcome you to the site and congrats on entering the wonderful world of bulldogs

OP
mdawson808

mdawson808

Jan 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Carmine
Looks like the lamb is working my puggle hasn't had that pudding looking poop in a couple of days. Now hopefully on Friday when I pick up the bulldog he will react well to the lamb and oatmeal

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
I just bout a blue buffalo small bag of lamb and oatmeal at petssmart.. hes been on a diamond puppy food since i bought him and decided to go higher in food quality should work just fine!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson's a year now and has been on Blue Buffalo Basic (no corn, wheat, soy, dairy or eggs) since he was 10 weeks. His stools were soft for a while but I contributed that to nothing more than teething. He's on the Salmon and Potato and Turkey and Potato Basics. BB has also has a "Puppy Turkey and Potato Recipe. The protein level is just perfect IMO for Wilson, 24-26%. I have my AmStaff on Blue Wilderness because he needed a higher protein level and BW is 34-36%. They also have a Basic Grain Free Turkey and Potato Recipe. I haven't tried that yet.

Overall, I like this food. Emma, my 11 week old, is on Fromm. I may change Wilson over to that when she's off the puppy food, but I'm not sure yet.

:welcome: to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs. :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.