Ashes

bulldog family

New member
Joined
Aug 14, 2010
Messages
1,264
Reaction score
100
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Anyone keep ashes from their pets that have past? I still have Max's ashes on a shelf. But my hubby think I'm weird for keeping them. He's my angel now, so I have to keep him close.<o Am I weird?
 
No I don't think so! I know many people who have done this. :)
 
I agree, also in Holland many petowners keep ashes.
I am also posting on a Dutch bulldogforum and I am convinced many bulldog owners overthere will keep ashes of their bulldogs.
Many of them even want a kind of funeral for their bulldog.
 
I have Bentley's ashes, paw print, and my photo right next to my bed. If anyone moves them, they'll lose their hand. ;)
 
My mom has our dog Maggie's ashes. My mother-in-law has all their old dogs (3-4 pups that have past) ashes still in these wood boxes with a spot to put in a picture of the pup on the front. I don't think it's weird at all. I will do the same with Loki and Samson's ashes.
 
I have my childhood dog's ashes. I plan to do the same for my current dogs. There's a lovely pet cemetery nearby but I don't plan on settling down here forever and I couldn't bear the thought of leaving one of my furkids behind :)
My mom tore out an article in a magazine last year...you can have ashes formed into diamonds. Here's a link:
http://www.lifegem.com
 
I have the ashes of my Dalmatian, She was a part of me in life and she is still even tho she is gone. I now have bulldogs and I love them very much, but before them was my Cheyenne. I do not think it is weird to love a pet so much to keep thier ashes.
 
We have the ashes of our previous dog,Toby. We have them right next to the bed. I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
And just so you don't feel too weird, when I got Bentley's ashes back, I actually looked through them and found the plates from his two ACL surgeries in there. They were burnt pretty good and I horrified more than more person by fishing them out and dusting them off. But I took them to a custom jeweler who made a pendant for me out of a charred piece of stainless steel that used to hold Bentley's leg together. My birthstone is cradled by the burnt steel and Bentley is always, always close to my heart.

 
That... is.... awesome!!!!!
 
I say whatever helps anyone with their grief is the right thing for them. For me I dont know what I would do with my boys, as a person I would want to be set free (ashes) in the mountains somewhere beautiful but that is my choice. Hard to think what would be best for my pups. I say if it makes you happy then so be it. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top