Ashes

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Anyone keep ashes from their pets that have past? I still have Max's ashes on a shelf. But my hubby think I'm weird for keeping them. He's my angel now, so I have to keep him close.<o Am I weird?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No I don't think so! I know many people who have done this. :)

SonoftheSea

Jul 28, 2010
The Netherlands
Bulldog(s) Names
Bono, Son of the Sea
I agree, also in Holland many petowners keep ashes.
I am also posting on a Dutch bulldogforum and I am convinced many bulldog owners overthere will keep ashes of their bulldogs.
Many of them even want a kind of funeral for their bulldog.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have Bentley's ashes, paw print, and my photo right next to my bed. If anyone moves them, they'll lose their hand. ;)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
My mom has our dog Maggie's ashes. My mother-in-law has all their old dogs (3-4 pups that have past) ashes still in these wood boxes with a spot to put in a picture of the pup on the front. I don't think it's weird at all. I will do the same with Loki and Samson's ashes.

Champ Waring

Mar 30, 2010
I have my childhood dog's ashes. I plan to do the same for my current dogs. There's a lovely pet cemetery nearby but I don't plan on settling down here forever and I couldn't bear the thought of leaving one of my furkids behind :)
My mom tore out an article in a magazine last year...you can have ashes formed into diamonds. Here's a link:
http://www.lifegem.com

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
I have the ashes of my Dalmatian, She was a part of me in life and she is still even tho she is gone. I now have bulldogs and I love them very much, but before them was my Cheyenne. I do not think it is weird to love a pet so much to keep thier ashes.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
We have the ashes of our previous dog,Toby. We have them right next to the bed. I wouldn't have it any other way.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
And just so you don't feel too weird, when I got Bentley's ashes back, I actually looked through them and found the plates from his two ACL surgeries in there. They were burnt pretty good and I horrified more than more person by fishing them out and dusting them off. But I took them to a custom jeweler who made a pendant for me out of a charred piece of stainless steel that used to hold Bentley's leg together. My birthstone is cradled by the burnt steel and Bentley is always, always close to my heart.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I say whatever helps anyone with their grief is the right thing for them. For me I dont know what I would do with my boys, as a person I would want to be set free (ashes) in the mountains somewhere beautiful but that is my choice. Hard to think what would be best for my pups. I say if it makes you happy then so be it. :)

Most Reactions

Members online