Looking for an English bulldog Puppy in Colorado. Need a reputable breeder!

F

friendtobullies

I'm looking for a reputable breeder to get an English Bulldog puppy from in Colorado. Preferably close to Colorado Springs area. Anyone have any suggestions? I've struck out twice with breeders that were supposedly reputable but turned out they were flakes (Jefferson's Bulldogs here in Colorado Springs, some of their dogs names are Lots o Dots, Diva, & Domino, are compete flakes, if anyone knows where they disappeared to with my deposit I would appreciate the tip). Anyway, I have no luck finding a good breeder, and I refuse to support pet shops/puppy mill type operations. I cant adopt from a rescue because I have a 3 year old son and they wont let me be a rescue with such a young child in the house.

Thanks for any tips!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Bummer!!! They took off with your deposit? :cursing: "Why I otta...:fight: Sorry you've had to go through that. Appreciate you're willing to still try and have a bully fur kid in your life. Yeah I've heard it can get complicated to rescue but I'm sure they just want to make sure the dog does not have to be rehomed repeatedly and therefore cause more trauma and stress for the pup and the adopting family. Hopefully you find the perfect bulldog pup. They are like no other dog and I've had all kinds. Just can't imagine my life without them.

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I cant adopt from a rescue because I have a 3 year old son and they wont let me be a rescue with such a young child in the house.

Thanks for any tips!

I can't adopt from a rescue either, cause my yard is not fenced....sometimes, I feel like the rescues are a little too picky. I've seen bullies come from bad homes that had fenced yards and no kids.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. Sorry Im of no help but wanted to say HI and wish you luck in your search. Thanx for joining and I hope you stick around.

Bruce

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Good luck with your search. I found the local English Bulldog Clubs useful. Generally, their newsletter is supported by reputable folks interested in the breed - not dog farming. With so many inquiries - and many from not-so-dedicated people, I'm sure - it may take some time but well worth it for you. When I was considering a pup (that turned out to be Bea), I read every issue of my local (Seattle) English Bulldog Club newsletter, paying attention to names and supporters. That's where I started my search for a reputable breeder.

My second dog came from rescue. I know their rules are steep and stringent -- but they're just trying to prevent a dog from coming back. If they made it too easy, it would surely make more work for them - and more trauma on the dog - in the long run.

Keep the faith!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hello and :welcome: to EBN. I only know of one Colorado breeder that I've talked to personally and they're out of Grand Junction and I got Wilson out of KS. They were really nice people and Wilson is quite healthy and beautiful. I also got a personal recommendation from a gal her in Golden before I decided to go with them. The only thing I didn't like about Grand Junction place is they seem to breed too much for my liking. Nothing wrong with that if done right though. The lady was nice and all and they are inspected by the Colorado Department of Agriculture - but that alone led me to wonder. Their pups look good though. I too would recommend calling the local clubs, even the ones here in Denver you should try.

My husband and I just made a 30 hour round trip drive to pick up our latest edition. So please don't count out a drive. Off the top of my hat, shy of the two I mentioned about, that's all I can recommend. I will PM you with the info of where we just go Emma though. Please feel free to PM me too if you like.

Jeannie

Last edited:

asuman1179

Jan 9, 2012
Denver,CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball
Let me know because we had the same troubles but end up finding a great breeder and end up with a great dog. He was located eastern CO but worth the drive. Send me a PM if you want more information.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online