Weird question: what does your pup's breath smell like?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
We picked up Raven on the 14th from the breeder (pics will follow). I have had pups before and always noticed their breath smelled like Coffee. Not so with Raven. I find her saliva kind of smells a bit metallic. Is that just my mind playing tricks on me or is that normal?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
my bullies breath smells metallic too!!! Must be something in the breed! BTW, Raven is adorable, love all her wrinkles

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm... I don't know. I just think Linus smells of puppy breath .. never thought to describe it before. All I know is that I LOVE puppy breath!! :love:

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
my bullies breath smells metallic too!!! Must be something in the breed! BTW, Raven is adorable, love all her wrinkles

Thanks. I did some searching but only found people that complained that their bullies breath was stinky. In all my years of owning dogs I never encountered this. I don't know what I dislike worse the metallic or coffee smell.

Thanks. Yes she sure has a lot of them.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Another vote for metallic here, started noticing it around 4-5 months. Lola did have puppy breath at first though.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Another vote for metallic here, started noticing it around 4-5 months. Lola did have puppy breath at first though.

Raven is 14 weeks now and chewing everyting wood like she can possibly find..lol. Glad to know it's not only her. I honestly never noticed that in a pup. There was always coffee and then a bit of yucky as they finished teething.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Jack's breath smells like my sweaty gym socks.......

EDIT :
Oh yea right , AS IF you guys have never picked up your socks and sniffed them to see if they're good enough to get one more use before tossing them into the hamper. ! :whistle:

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I really don't know how to describe any puppy breath I have ever smelled other than smells like puppy breath. Samson didn't have puppy breath at all which was cool with me, I think I am the only dog lover in the world that does NOT like the smell of puppy breath. I just don't get it!

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I really don't know how to describe any puppy breath I have ever smelled other than smells like puppy breath. Samson didn't have puppy breath at all which was cool with me, I think I am the only dog lover in the world that does NOT like the smell of puppy breath. I just don't get it!

You are not the only one, I never really liked it either.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack's breath smells like my sweaty gym socks.......

EDIT :
Oh yea right , AS IF you guys have never picked up your socks and sniffed them to see if they're good enough to get one more use before tossing them into the hamper. ! :whistle:

Spoken like a true man :ROFL: Now tell me why his breath smells like your gym socks. Is he eating them or does he need his teeth brushed?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=4054]Bizzymammabee[/MENTION]

He is constantly sneaking into our rooms and bringing back into his crate any socks he finds lying around...

Try a spoonful of Apple Cider vinegar in his water bowl.
I do this an to date, I've never smelled any type of offensive breath odor.....
Now, if only the Apple Cider would also work for his other end! :ROFL:

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The smell is not offensive, it's just weird. LMAO @ the other end part. When we got her she was eating Eukanuba for puppies and farting up a storm, could definitely clear a room or choke you if you were sleeping. That is crappy food. I switched her over to Merrick's B4 Grain, which I feed my yorkie as well as my cat, and the stinkies are gone there. Her poo is a bit stinky still, it is poo, but no excessive gas. I am sure the poo is a bit stinky as well because of the antibiotics for the puppy parasites she has.

I guess you have to thank god socks are cheap to replace.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Matilda's doesn't have a smell. The other end smells like raw chicken if and when she toots. :lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.