One testicle...!!! When to neuter...???

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
My jackson has one testicle, we knew this on his first vet visit, jan. 2. The vet said that its located somewhere in his stomach....the vet said it will be extra $$ to remove the one testicle and other in his belly...
Was at the vets office...today for his last shot and vet told me it hasnt dropped yet and it's going to be $500.00 because they have to do abdominal surgery to get other one out....😳
So called everyone and their mother to see if can maybe get done at a less expensive price...
Paws-$200.00
Oak park shelter-$50.00 (don't neuter bulldogs)
Anti Cruelty-$70.00 (don't neuter bulldogs)
Animal welfare league-$300.00
But lady said here to maybe wait until he is about 9months-it may drop AND why make him go thro a intensive surgery if not needed....

I appreciated her concern and advice on to wait...other places were like yea yea yea do it! But no one said NO...

So I was wondering of anyone has had experience with this and if anyone knows anything different that what I'm being told...?
Wait? Don't wait....? 😳🐶

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2263]Jzepeda87[/MENTION] I dont have a male bully, but I think it would be ok for you to wait a little longer and see if it drops.I agree that it sounds like very intrusive surgery and we know that our babies are very sensitive to anesthesia. I woulod say wait and see if it drops.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes! Jakes didn't drop until he was about 7 months! I'd wait until he was at least a year...to give it time to drop. But [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] might have better info for you. Years ago we had a non bully rescue dog that came into our family at a guesstimated age of 8. He was unneutered and one of his testiles had never dropped. When we had him neutered it was taken out.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you jake and lisa...!! Appreciate the advice/support! 😊😁😃😄😜😝🐶

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Jameson had one that didnt drop. I neutered him around six to seven months but i only paid about 170 or so for him. Friends moms vet did it. The vet that we were going to at the time wanted to charge 700 to 800 dollars. This place was top of the line. I couldnt pull that in any way shape or form. U can definaty wait to see if it drops. It is just important that if it doenst to get it removed due to the cancer risk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2263]Jzepeda87[/MENTION] I would wait until he is at least a year old. Our Bully vet suggest you wait until they are 18 months old before neutering them. So it may drop in a few months.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
My poor Mojo was neutered at 8 weeks due to non dropped testicles. Now Im finding out he may not have needed it done? That ticks me off. But I was going to have him neutered anyway so I guess no harm done.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I too would wait and see what happens naturally!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A friend of mine had a Cane Corse pup with this issue... they waited till he was about 10 months to see if the second would drop, it did not and he was neutered at a year. If you can wait, I would because Argos (pup) had a very long recovery due to the abdominal surgery

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
I also agree about waiting for a while.

One of our boy's testicles did not drop. I researched the issue and found that there was a significantly higher rate of cancer with the non-dropped testicle, so decided to get it removed. Please note we did not get our boy neutered, just had the one undropped testicle removed.

Our boy hated the op, and was in pain for some weeks; I think it took him about a month to recover.

OP
Jzepeda87

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
I REALLY hope it drops....everyone is making me nervous about the operation if needed....but thanks to everyone for ur experiences and advice....😳😲
😊 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327589155.610737.jpg
Here's the CREW...!

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
one nut jamesons must have been easy to find...i dont remember a big incision. he also recovered in about 24 hours....the only issue we had was the anesthesia gave him the poops....ive never seen a dog poop so much in my life ....it was like owning a horse

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
I would wait too! My vet costs more for everything but they do such a good job I would hate to go elsewhere. It was very expensive to get my female fixed since they tested the anesthesia before the procedure, the spay was laparoscopic, and had a few other things done while she was out. It was worth every cent.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my odie had this problem.. his dropped but went back up.. i also heard of a higher risk of cancer so i had the surgery done around 9 months.. i wanted to have it done before he realize he was a male.. lol.. he didnt have any problems and was back to his old self in less then a week...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.