Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One testicle...!!! When to neuter...???

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: One testicle...!!! When to neuter...???

Quote Originally Posted by Jzepeda87 View Post
    I really don't know what to do....?
    Honestly..in Jakes litter, 3 of the 6 males had this same problem! Every one of them waited until they were around a year to be neutered and have this fixed. Every time Jake went in to the vets for a well puppy exam (shots,etc) she would check for the missing link! All of them ended up dropping before they were neutered. Absolutely....have it taken care of around a year. But like I said, we had a stray who was (guessing) 8 years old when his was fixed and no problem. Don't panic..it's much more common than you think! And FYI..the whole neutering and growth issue has been roundly proven to be false. For example take a look at Vegas..@KMARINO. He was neutered at around 4 months..and I don't think his head size has suffered a bit. My vet, who has over 30 bully's in her small one doctor practice, goes crazy when she hears this! We waited until Jake was 11 months old just because he was behaving himself and I felt better giving him time for surgery.
    All I can tell you is..I would give it some time to drop. Your plans of 10 months seem more than reasonable.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: One testicle...!!! When to neuter...???

Quote Originally Posted by Jzepeda87 View Post
    Gracoliv can u post a picture of ur bully who has this entropian....? I have one bulldog that was nuetered at 6 months....
    I don't really have a good pic of her eyes when its been noticeable, but you can tell with entropian, b/c the dog will be uncomfortable, trying to rub eyes on the couch etc.. The dogs eyes can appear cloudy and the dog will always seem to have more eye gunk than you think is normal. The vet will look at closely, under light and also do a dye uptake test to diagnose. Keeping the eyes moist with tear gel helps with comfort. Most vets highly recommend spaying/neutering very young, I dont think many think about the entropian thing being related to excess skin and head size. I think it all depends on the dog as well, my other bulldog has never had a problem and he was nuetered at 5 months, he doesnt have a very wrinkly face though.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gracoliv View Post
    I don't really have a good pic of her eyes when its been noticeable, but you can tell with entropian, b/c the dog will be uncomfortable, trying to rub eyes on the couch etc.. The dogs eyes can appear cloudy and the dog will always seem to have more eye gunk than you think is normal. The vet will look at closely, under light and also do a dye uptake test to diagnose. Keeping the eyes moist with tear gel helps with comfort. Most vets highly recommend spaying/neutering very young, I dont think many think about the entropian thing being related to excess skin and head size. I think it all depends on the dog as well, my other bulldog has never had a problem and he was nuetered at 5 months, he doesnt have a very wrinkly face though.
    Poor baby...that sounds very uncomfortable.....😔

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads