Potty Training

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
My baby Marley is 11 weeks old and using the restroom in her crate and all over my apartment constantly. How long does it usally take for Bullies to catch on about there potty training? I am crate training her and she seems to be going every 2 hours.

Any feed back will be lovely.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello [MENTION=979]Dan75208[/MENTION] , she is still pretty young, but I would think she could hold it for more than 2 hours, but all bullies are different.

Couple of suggestions, feed her in her crate, give treats in her crate. Sprinkle the floor of her crate with kibble once a day.

When you clean up a mess, be very dramatic about it. Don't scold her- scold the mess. Freeeeeaaaak out about it. Let her know you do not like this mess, and it is hurting you. (You may need some acting skills). This suggestion was brought up by [MENTION=400]froggz[/MENTION] in the past and I have used it since and it seems to work after a few times. I even started doing it with my skin-kids!

Take her outside to potty as often as you can, if she is going once every two hours, you should probably take her out once an hour until she starts to understand, and if she DOES go (outside), --give her a treat like a frozen green bean or carrot, or a grain free doggie treat. Praise her dramatically, (again with over-love and joy, be the drama king here!)

Eventually she will see that

1.) You freak out about messes INSIDE
2.) You reward her for messing OUTSIDE
3.) she don't want pee near her food

Hope this helps! Keep us updated if any of these tips work, because I wanna know too :)

OP
Dan75208

Dan75208

Aug 4, 2010
Dallas, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Marly
I havent tried freaking out about the mess or feeding her in her crate. I will see how it works.

dozersmom

Jun 19, 2010
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel /- Dozer RIP
I was just getting ready to Post we are having the exact same problem with our Diesel who is 12 weeks today.. He is constantly going in the house ~ especially in his crate !!!! and everywhere he sits ! he will go outside, then come right inside and go again,, this is honestly honestly so frustrating, we never know when he is going to just start to pee.. we take him out every half hour to 45 min.. he will piddle .. and come in and go again, we are over praising, giving treats, crate training, he is getting plenty of sleep and excersize.. the thing that concerns us the most is his need to pee where he is sleeping ?? he pees all over his beds, and or crate,, then WANTS to lay in it ???? i am open to any and all suggestions.... Thank you all ! Good luck with Marley too !...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online