UGODOG vs WIZDOG

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
first off i know not taking your dog outside is wrong...but here in massachusetts its very cold outside and snow randomly with all that black ice outside make not wanna go outside often with all that black ice...so ive been looking up potty patches...Ive been using the potty patch with the grass.And somehow it came to me that is why her paw might b red due to bacterial.But the UGODOG and WIZDOG dont use fake grasses,it use a later of plastic with cubed space allowing the urine to pass through and easier to clease by rinsing...But what i really wanna ask yall Bully Owners if anyone have experience between the 2.please help me decide between the 2 till the coldness pass so i can take her outside more often...also i would like to ask,do you guys approve of this http://www.radiofence.com/products/Snoozer-Ortho-Lounger-Pet-Bed.html so i can use in her crate when she goes to sleep or when shes unattended.Other then that she would be on the bed with us

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
You can take your bully outside for a quick potty break as long as you don't leave her/him outside for a long period of time. It's been really cold in Nebraska this last week and my dogs all use the bathroom outside and we pay special attention to feet and noses as they sometimes need a quick rub with a blanket or towel to warm back up fast. We stay out long enough to pee/poo and then head back in. A few years back we experiented with puppy pads while we were potty training a foster dog and I found that anything they go potty on in the houses just confuses them about the whole potty training issue.

That's just my two cents...I'm sure more people will be along to give you their experiences and tips. :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We only go outside too, so have no experience with pads. Gracie will refuse going out sometimes, and we have to force the issue. But she does go out.

I agree with the notion that the pads seem confusing in the scope of trying to teach housebreaking. And, I don't think I would want that smell, or mess to clean in the house either. I have a weak stomach and sensitive sense of smell. It's your choice though if you can stomach that kind of cleanup.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Never used any of the indoor potty trays, but if I were I'd go with the one it would be without the grass (wiz dog) the fake grass probably is the reason for the redness in her paws or at least adding to the problem. We are in PA... ice in general a lot... we just do quick runs out for the necessities and back in. We really only have trouble getting them out when it is raining -- they are good with the cold, but do not want to be out there long,

as of the bed, looks fine to me

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We just had a snow/ice storm here and that was very frustrating! Vegas and O have 'specific' potty routines. Vegas has to find the 'right' spot and it can often be time consuming. For some reason he likes to pee in tight spaces and usually facing the fence. He's a squatter... Orion is so low to the ground, if anything is touching her bottom...she will move until either the grass is trampled down or she finds a spot suitable.
Since the snow..then the rain, it created a crusty ice topping that they were breaking thru with each step. Neither could walk on the ice without slipping. Both of my babies have ice injuries on their feet and chins. After the snow finally died off, we used the shovel to clear the snow/ice off both the patio and the grass.

My point in telling you this is...they have routines and are creatures of habit. By letting Aye-Ma potty inside using the potty patch..it might confuse her. Especially if she does it for months at a time during the colder seasons. We had black ice on our patio...Orion came running up the stairs and slid on the ice and smacked face first into the sliding glass door. We ended up putting an outdoor rug on the patio...red carpet style. But...they only used it some of the time.

Is it possible to leash her up, put a hoodie on her and let her continue to go outside? With a little work, you can train her to do her business quickly and come back inside. It might just save you a lot of grief in the future. Oh...they also have those booties for the feet to protect them from outdoor elements.

OP
M

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
Ty everyone for advice but im wonderin how long can she stay outside for

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.