Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hope Bullie is okay... This has to be one of the oddest things I have ever heard?! Do you have any troublemaker kids in the neighborhood? Just so bizarre.

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Went to the vet this morning. Skin scrape didn't turn out anything. Fecal didn't turn out anything. Physical was ok. So the vet says it could be allergy flare-up from weed/grass/pollen combined with undue stress causing both the skin irritation and the diarrhea. I got 2 meds - hydroxyzine (antihisthamine) and metronidazole to help with the diarrhea. She sent me home with 6 cans of prescription Royal Canine gastrointestinal formula and 6 probiotic powder sachets to go with it.

I feel better but not too much. I don't know, I guess I won't feel normal until Bullie is back to normal.

Yes, we notified the cop that lives in our neighborhood last Friday while Bullie was missing before we found the potato. I had the impression, though, that he didn't believe me when I told him that yes, I definitely made sure Bullie was in the patio before I left... I took them out to go to the bathroom before I left them in the patio and he asked if I was sure that she came in before I left... uh, duh, I don't leave them by themselves to go bathroom...

My husband has a theory... we put up a yard sign supporting a political candidate last Thursday. He thinks this might be a prank that has to do with the yard sign. Although, we can't figure out what the connection is between the potato and the candidate.

And then I remembered that when the kids went back to school from Christmas vacation, there were signs around the school (a mile from our subdivision) about 3 missing bulldogs. It didn't mention if they were English bulldogs or if they were "stolen" and not just ran off. I remember it was there for over a week. The signs are gone now, so they might have been recovered. It's just something that came to my mind...

Anyway, besides scratching herself all day long and getting all those lesions in the process and having to poop more, Bullie seems fine mood-wise. It's Gizmo that has gone psychotic. I expect she'll be sleeping most of the day due to the meds.

I am a little worried about using the Royal Canine prescription food. I'm still debating whether to go ahead and use it per vet's orders or just sprinkling the probiotic onto her regular food. What do you guys think?

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Here's a picture of her chest:
1327433173.jpg

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Take a moment for yourself....to say you've got some stress is an understatement... Do what you need to do to take care of yourself (so you can take care of everyone else). As far as the food from the vet, I probably wouldn't switch food on top of everything else that's been happening, but you know your dogs so do what you think is best for them.... Hang in there

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would go ahead and give her the food the vet said, once her tummy settles down slowly introduce her back to her food. Hope she get better soon, and you find out who's doing the pranks

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Maybe you should retaliate and put something bizarre in the mailbox...like an apple. That'll teach em! :)

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS! It's like, when it rains, it pours. My son was riding his bike from school and got hit by a car (idiot guy didn't even look before he turned right onto bike traffic!). He's okay, just very minor scrapes. The bike seat was bent but nothing that can't be replaced easily. But he's shook up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we just put life on pause for a while? We need to take a break!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I want to thank every one of you... VERY VERY MUCH. You've been keeping me sane. [MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] even made me laugh.

Sorry I've been such a downer.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], girl you have had one hell of a week!! I am so glad your son is OK!! Take care of you, take care of your son and take care of your babies. I hope tomorrow brings a nice fresh stress free day for all of you.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Wow...I hope that jerk driving learned his lesson! Glad that it was nothing more than scrapes and a scare.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] you really need to call the police. Maybe they gave your bully something to eat that was bad or hurt her. If your other dog is acting out you need to listen to what your animals are trying to tell you. Call the police ,tell them what is happening. I would put a sign on the front and back of your house saying that you have video cams survelliance(even if you dont, they dont know it) Please be safe , dont let your babys in the patio and call the cops.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So glad he wasn't seriously hurt!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Wow, you poor thing! And poor Bullie! And your son! You definitely need a break. I hope things start improving. Have you installed a new security system? Also someone suggested a video camera aimed at the mailbox. You can get them fairly cheap and it might help to identify who is doing these things. I really hope Bullie feels better soon...maybe a few days back at home will help her feel better. I wonder if there are bloodwork screens that can be done to see if anything toxic was given to her?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS! It's like, when it rains, it pours. My son was riding his bike from school and got hit by a car (idiot guy didn't even look before he turned right onto bike traffic!). He's okay, just very minor scrapes. The bike seat was bent but nothing that can't be replaced easily. But he's shook up.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we just put life on pause for a while? We need to take a break!

OH MY GOD.... so glad he is OK and just a little shook up. :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.