We got a big scare today.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Sounds like you dodged a bullet there with Bullie showing up on the front porch. If it was a prank it wasn't funny. Could the potato represent Bullie? I'd be scared, too!

Jzepeda87

Apr 22, 2011
Berwyn,il
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky, Rocks,Papa, Charlie lol i dont know y
I'd be worried...kind or really strange...! I got a alarm system for my pups...guy we bought him from is a shady character n he moved away and I'm not taking any chances....😳

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Guys, I've been a major wreck the past few days. Bullie broke out in major allergies, liquid diarrhea, throwing up, quit eating, and has lesions(?) across her chest and armpits. She's super miserable and Gizmo has been psychotic in reaction. He barks like a maniac when Bullie walks more than a few feet away from him. Something happened in those 2 hours... It's really quite weird that this would happen in 2 hours. It defies logic. I have a vet appt tomorrow to hopefully make sense out of it.

And we got another potato in the mail today.

I've been vascillating between scared and mad, and I'm feeling terrorized in my own home. It's an over reaction I know, but if you see Bullie, she's in bad shape... and I can't figure out why! I'm usually very confident with my pets. Right now I am second guessing everything I know.

Im not thinking straight right now.

Last edited:

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] : I'm praying that your pups recover and this whole ordeal is over!

I would put a NRA sticker on my mailbox and a sign next to it saying trespassers will be shot.

Did you call the police?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That is really scary. Have you called the police yet? Another potato on top of the one you already got would really cause me some alarm. Any chance that something spent on into your yard and the boys could've eaten. Keep a closewatch out. you're in my thoughts. And I hope you'r bullies get well real soon. Also call the postal service. :hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Guys, I've been a major wreck the past few days. Bullie broke out in major allergies, liquid diarrhea, throwing up, quit eating, and has lesions(?) across her chest and armpits. She's super miserable and Gizmo has been psychotic in reaction. He barks like a maniac when Bullie walks more than a few feet away from him. Something happened in those 2 hours... It's really quite weird that this would happen in 2 hours. It defies logic. I have a vet appt tomorrow to hopefully make sense out of it.

And we got another potato in the mail today.

I've been vascillating between scared and mad, and I'm feeling terrorized in my own home. It's an over reaction I know, but if you see Bullie, she's in bad shape... and I can't figure out why! I'm usually very confident with my pets. Right now I am second guessing everything I know.

Im not thinking straight right now.

Please call the police and the postal service.... this could be a joke, but it could also be someone that is wanting to do your babies some harm in order to get to you

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
call the police for sure! also if you have a video camera and somewhere you can hide it try to see whos dropping off the spuds. when i first read this i thought it was maybe someone who was mad about the dogs being outside, and the potato represented that they could be baking outside like a baked potato. But a second one doesnt make sense. I would consider taking bullie to the er vet if there is one close.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
With those symptoms, I would be concerned Bullie was fed something toxic when she was taken out of the sunporch.

beachbumjen

Jun 9, 2011
By the beach
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION], if you think Bullie is in bad shape, please go to the vet immediately. I'm not trying to scare you but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION].

The lesions on her chest and arm pits could have been caused during her escape ?
That is, if she did escape and not taken..

Do you think maybe she was fed french fries and that is the hint they are leaving you ?

This whole thing is so odd. Im just trying to make sense from all the clues....

Last edited:

meg1620

Jan 23, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge
Wow! That's frightening! I would absolutely call the non-emergency police number and report it. I'd also be locking the doors to the patio so no one can get in there. How scary. :(

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I agree with all, please let the police know if you haven't already. I'll be thinking of you and your family that all will be safe and in good-health.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.