Bre

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Well we picked Bre up this afternoon. She is a pretty good girl! She does have a super dry nose (its all cracked and separated) and some pretty dark tear stains and that rust color between her toes and on the backs of her feet. I'm hoping that after we get her going on the raw diet some of the tear stains and rust color will lighten. She is slowly (very slowly) settling in with the other dogs. She gets a little grumpy when they get too close to her right now and she snapped at Sookie and started fighting with her when Sookie got to close to me. Bre is a protective little scrapper! She has really taken a shine to Jordan...she parks herself on a blanket right next to his chair and follows him whenever he gets up. She is a sweet little thing. I do wonder if she has a cancer or something growing on her bottom pallete/tooth area as one side of her jaw seems to be swollen and swelling up around the teeth. Will definitly have the vet take a look when we go. She was just to her previous owners vet a couple weeks ago and he wrote that she is in good health in the paperwork? She is a super snorter too! I forgot what it's like to have a bulldog that snores even when it's awake! :)

100_1430.jpg

100_1433.jpg

100_1434.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDctMjAxMjAxMjAtMTkxNi5qcGc.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Cute! I hope she settles in quickly!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awww. She is a very pretty girl! :love: maybe..(:pray:) she has an abcess or inflammation in her mouth. So wonderful of you to open your heart and your home! :bravo: Snout Smoother works like magic on the dry nose! Can get thru amazon.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]...thanks for the recommendation. My order is on it's way :) Her nose looks exactly like the one in the "before" picture on the amazon page for the snout soother! I can't imagine it feels so great.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT ...thanks for the recommendation. My order is on it's way :) Her nose looks exactly like the one in the "before" picture on the amazon page for the snout soother! I can't imagine it feels so great.

Jakes nose gets crusty very quickly..a little goes a long way with that soother! and wait until you see their tongues go! Licking as fast as it goes on! But works despite their tongues! She is wonderful...you too!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Bre is beautiful! I'm sure everything will work out. She just needs a lot of TLC and sounds like you've got plenty to give. Congrats!

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She was such a good girl last night. I went to bed before Jordan and she stayed glued to his side. When he did finally go to bed she curled up on a comforter next to his side of the bed and passed out. And she's had no accidents whatsoever. I always expect them even with older dogs as a new environment can cause a few here and there but she held it like a good little gal and waited till eveybody went out just now. Yay Bre :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
She is a pretty girl alright and bless you for giving her a great fur-ever home.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I don't know who is luckier, Bre or you?? She will turn around in no time having you for her fur-ever mommy!!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
She is beautiful...Hopefully she will settle in soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great job saving the ole girl... she is a looker! Best of luck with getting/keeping the pack in order and I'm sure they will be great friends in no time.

Looking forward to seeing her after the food change

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She started her raw diet this afternoon. She ate the chicken really well. It was egg day for the other two so she got to try that too (it's a little early and I may pay for that later!) Also started cleaning her tear stains with witch hazel (they are pretty bad). Her vet appt is Monday afternoon.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDgtMjAxMjAxMjEtMTUxNS5qcGc.jpg

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION], wow , I didn't know you were getting another bulldog.. Bre is beautiful and it is awesome she will fit right in, just give her some time! let me know what works for her tear stains.. both my pups are exclusively on raw and they still have tear stains, so I know it's not that for them..I clean them daily with baby wipes and put cornstarch but hasn't made any difference. Let us know how it goes at the vet!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.