Bertie found a pen! Anyone know how to get ink out of carpet?

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Well, the cat was on the dresser and must have knocked a ink pen onto the floor. Nosey little Bertie found it and decided to chew it up! I come home to find her with a few shards of plastic from the pen and ink all over her paws. This is the first thing she has chewed up, other than a shoe, since she ate my foot board on my bed! I was actually more worried about her then I was the carpet, since it needs to be replaced from when she was a puppy and liked to work at a piece and then watch the carpet unravel in spots! She had ink all over her paws and on her face...I got the majority of it off of her...only a few small spots left that I figure will wear off soon. Now I have to figure out how to get the ink out of the carpet, I got a lot of it out...this is the one spot that still is real noticeable...anyone have any ideas???
Bertie is mad at me for being rough washing her feet and face...I had to really scrub to get it off her. She got on the bed and is just looking pitiful!!!

carpet.jpg

bertiemad.jpg

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Haven't had one of those stains in a while but I always use something called "Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover."

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Haven't had one of those stains in a while but I always use something called "Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover."

That's what I used....the picture I attached to my post is after the spot shot and also after the hairspray. It was really bad, the picture really doesn't look that bad, in person, it is worse. I wish it would have been a frixion pen....at least then I could have just ironed it and it would have disapeared.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Moe did that to me before, but I caught it while still fresh and carpet shampoo worked with some scrubbing... I found this for you though

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Oxy clean works pretty good, but I think that's what's in the spot shot. Perhaps just repeat and it will get better each time you use it.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION], I dont know how to scrub ink stains. But how is Bertie feelling?? Is she ok??

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I have a great way of taking out carpet stains. Not 100% on the ink part of your issue, but if you have a wet/dry shop vac than you can try this. For any stain, I take very hot (sometimes boiled water) and put on the stain. I also use Spray&Wash (now Resolve) Laundry Stain Remover. Suck up with the shop vac. You can use loads of water because you are sucking it all back up with the vac. Be sure to remove the Filter from your vac when you are picking up liquid with it. This works awesome for all my carpet stains. The Ink part... I have read that milk enzymes break down ink, so you can let some milk sit on it for a bit and then flush that with hot water and suck up... Good luck... it should work !

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
Try to find a specialty cleaning store. I've had great luck walking into those stores and showing pictures (or just bring a similar pen) and asking what they would recommend.

I had a dog eat about 48 large red with white stripe candy canes (the entire box) then barf it up all over my living room. my carpet, couch and pillows all had large red stains. I tried everything to get it out (most mentioned here).. but the cleaning supply store gave me something that got 99.8% of it out.

On a side note... Full blame belongs to the CAT!!! sounds like a set-up to me.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Uh huh ... the cat did it!!! :yes:

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Oh dear :( Guinness did the same, except on my beige couch :nope: Her Dad is forgetful sometimes and left a bright aqua blue pen on the corner of the ottoman. First and last time.

I tried everything I could, still pretty visible. She is lucky I love her so much :tongue:

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] - LOL! That picture is priceless....pretty much the look I got

[MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION] - I was unsuccessful, so I have no advice to offer. Sorry :( But it doesn't look TOO bad :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hairspray gets ink out

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Hairspray gets ink out

I used hairspray last night...you should have saw the ink spots....it looked more like someone dropped a bottle of ink on the floor. Poor bertie looked like she had blue mittens on and her mouth was all blue. The only place you can see it on her now is her nails and her paw pads...and very faint on her white on her paws and her chin.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.