Upgrading my eb

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
So my girlfriend set up an appointment for Aye-Ma because of my previous post about her paws being flamed up red inside.So we went and they said that its not worst,but it seems a LITTLE BIT better.And like the last time they still try to get me to Royal Canin allegy food and Science diet.First thing that came to my mind was i read alot about Royal Canin and its full of filler(junk).And they want me to get the allergy food from them.They keep insisting so i just agree and took the prescriptoin and left lol.Because i heard the people at banfield support royal canin and whatever they sell in the store.Plus if they keep insisting on switching food .Why not go to better food.Seems like alot of bully on EBN switched away from Royal to Fromm or NVI had improve in health and so on.
Then when i got to the car i googled Fromm and wheres the closest store that have em.Good thing was it was only about 10 minutes away names PAWSatively Yummy.When i went in and told her the story and she was very helpful.She did a little research with me and actually point out every single ingredients that can cause allergy for my dog in the royal canin.Her store had like most of the 5 6 star food from EBN.Which made me feel that i can believe her and that she can help me out.After talking and she told me to start off with the Fromm Beef Frittata.I asked about the surf n turf and NVI.She told me to start slow,plus she said surf and turf half two kind of protein base or whatever im not sure.But i guess one step at a time.If anything i can switch to a new one.I just want my bully to be healthy.Also my one year wellness plan at banfield end march.After that im gotta bring her to a bulldog vet that i found online with all vet specialize in bulldog,so that might also be an upgrade for her

.And so i bought her 12lb fromm beef and 1 xl Elk Antler....Wish me luck guys

Attachments

• IMAG0891.jpg
    IMAG0891.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 88

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Way to go!! You found a great food store that really was interested in selling you what would be best for your baby!

Good luck with everything and keep us posted

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Very good! That is the same bag I just opened! :ROFL: you found a great friend in helping your Bully get the right food! We started on the Surf n Turf, which because of it having chicken in it, didn't work for Jake. I'm glad you are starting with the Beef! I hope it is the magic formula for Aye-Ma! Plus..I hope you can return the other food and get your money back! :bravo:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good for you, and hope the FROMM works out for you, plus if you ever try a different flavor of FROMM and your dog does not like it or it does not set well you can take it back and exchange it or get your money back. Keep us posted.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2667]MikeyBoi[/MENTION], that is great!! I love those little doggie stores, they really carry the best of foods and usually the owners are there to help and guide you!! I hope this is the begining of great health for your bully!!!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
:bravo: That is music to my ears! Makes me so happy to see someone standing up against bad advice. Even my bully vet tried to push science diet on me but I stood my ground and said no way. Petco employees advised Royal Canin but the best advice came from the folks here on EBN. Antler was the icing on the cake. :happydance:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Isnt it wonderful to have a local store that actually wants to help not just make a quick buck..

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Let's hope you are on the right track with the Fromm. I don't know if you know the proper way to transition from one food to another so I apologize if I tell you something you already know. When Transitioning you want to do it slowly as bullies have sensitive tummies and too fast of a transition will end up a mess. ;) For the first several days mix 1/4 new food to 3/4 old food. THen do 1/2 and 1/2 for another week. Finally mix 3/4 new food to 1/4 old food for a week before switching to all new food. If at any time your bully has an upset tummy (runs or barf) back up and give a little less of the new food til his tummy settles down, then proceed with the transition. It will take quite a while to get the affects of the old food out of his system so hang in there. Finding the right food is a trial and error process. Good Luck!

OP
M

MikeyBoi

Jun 30, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Aye-Ma like Hey Ma
ty everyone for wishing me luck..we js started today and i will keep u guys informed ...Fontana she loved it,when i went to bed last night she wouldnt sleep in her crate she kept eyeing the antlers lol!..Lucy i dont think i need to take pictures of the b4 food transition.Because we take picture of her everyday.But yea i will take picture of her after also ... and ty Bruce for your concerned to keep my bulldog health 100%,but shes ok ive switched food a few times so im aware..but TY and also to every0ne

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Congrats on finding a food store that actually CARES about the food that you are feeding!!!! When we swtiched Maggie she just seemed so much better .. so much more energy that I am eternally grateful for finding this site and learning about food.

It is so easy to assume that because your vet tells you to feed a paticular food that it has to be good, and we don't realise that vets are not trained in nutrition and just believe whatever the salesman tells them. :down:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Good news about the vet switch also. Banfield doesn't get any points from me.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.